Home

NCAA 14 coach progression speed tests

This is a discussion on NCAA 14 coach progression speed tests within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
It makes sense to me that the first year has the biggest jump. When you think about it, a coach who has a stellar first year tends to make just as much of a headline as an elite coach have yet another successful year

Sent from my Nokia 3510
Old 07-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #10
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14 coach progression speed tests

Quote:
Originally Posted by xayoz306
It makes sense to me that the first year has the biggest jump. When you think about it, a coach who has a stellar first year tends to make just as much of a headline as an elite coach have yet another successful year

Sent from my Nokia 3510
Agree, but a mediocre or poor year should not garner that same type of jump, just because it's a first year.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #11
MVP

I'm fine with a quick first year progression. Alternatively they could have given you 5 or so 'free' skills at the beginning but its nice to be able to differentiate and specialize your coach from the beginning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #12
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

damn, great find. didnt know this was there. very slow for me. lets see if i can get at least 40 seasons this time.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
Rookie

davo1021's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
What's the max coaching rating?
The max is 54, I think.
Old 07-08-2013, 10:25 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
Agree, but a mediocre or poor year should not garner that same type of jump, just because it's a first year.
In the sample in the spreadsheets, it shows a decent season for each of the teams to start things off. I would be curious to see what the increase would be for a team that has only 1 or 2 wins in the first season.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
I'm fine with a quick first year progression. Alternatively they could have given you 5 or so 'free' skills at the beginning but its nice to be able to differentiate and specialize your coach from the beginning.
Does this mean you HAVE to start as a Level 1 Coach?

For the past few years, in my mind I've "banked" my success from the past iterations of the game so I start with a middle-of-the-road team, not a 6* but not a 1*... too frustrating to play with 1* teams sometimes...

Anyways... I was hoping to maybe start as like a level 6-10 guy... not possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #16
MVP

I'm nearly certain there was a 'start at' option when I made my dynasty so you could start maxed if you wanted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »