Home

Has anyone had success toning down Human Run blocking effectiveness?

This is a discussion on Has anyone had success toning down Human Run blocking effectiveness? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #57
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Has anyone had success toning down Human Run blocking effectiveness?

Well after checking late in the 2nd quarter after mixing up my play calling, and switching over to the CPU to check on zone coverage if it was set to aggressive - and in fact it was.

I am switching back over to original team without adjusting anything, and will switch back over late 3rd quarter, and see if it has switched back or what have you -
Old 07-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #58
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Well after checking late in the 2nd quarter after mixing up my play calling, and switching over to the CPU to check on zone coverage if it was set to aggressive - and in fact it was.

I am switching back over to original team without adjusting anything, and will switch back over late 3rd quarter, and see if it has switched back or what have you -
This is inexcusable

Its funny how madden doesn't have this gameplanning crap and zone defense is fine in that game
Thanks for letting us know

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #59
Rookie

jenglund's Arena

OVR: 7

I can't imagine this is the case, but maybe the CPU changes to aggressive after you've thrown X-number of short/mid-range completions?

Again, I suspect it's a bug, but it seems weird that EA wouldn't have fixed it. I thought the devs said last year they didn't think anything was wrong with it.

Another test might be to run the ball most of the time, and then only throw long passes and see if the CPU changes to aggressive in the 3rd.

Last edited by jenglund; 07-08-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Uh, guess this idea has already been broached. :)
Old 07-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I wish it was something logical, believe me. But if you guys have the game - check NCAA 12 and NCAA 13; that is when I first discovered it.

Aggressive Zone is the NUCLEUS to the DB Glitch. So if you start to see forms of the DB glitch sneak it - the Aggressive Zone is the cause.

It is inexcusable, and hopefully this gains ground EARLY so that the Devs and Gamechangers, etc - can do what they should do - which is try to change the status quo. I don't want to turn into THAT guy who keeps making everything about the Aggressive Zone like I did with the DB glitch (see sig), but I will.

Thanks again, blue - and everyone for testing. Quick question - is this with the supposed 1st day patch/tuner? Just wondering....
Old 07-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I wish it was something logical, believe me. But if you guys have the game - check NCAA 12 and NCAA 13; that is when I first discovered it.

Aggressive Zone is the NUCLEUS to the DB Glitch. So if you start to see forms of the DB glitch sneak it - the Aggressive Zone is the cause.

It is inexcusable, and hopefully this gains ground EARLY so that the Devs and Gamechangers, etc - can do what they should do - which is try to change the status quo. I don't want to turn into THAT guy who keeps making everything about the Aggressive Zone like I did with the DB glitch (see sig), but I will.

Thanks again, blue - and everyone for testing. Quick question - is this with the supposed 1st day patch/tuner? Just wondering....
Matt, isn't the issue, not that the CPU goes to an aggressive zone, but that the CPU doesn't switch out of the aggressive zone? Isn't it possible that the issue could be fixed and that the CPU just happened to be in aggressive zone at the time Blue checked it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 03:09 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
Matt, isn't the issue, not that the CPU goes to an aggressive zone, but that the CPU doesn't switch out of the aggressive zone? Isn't it possible that the issue could be fixed and that the CPU just happened to be in aggressive zone at the time Blue checked it?
Usually, from what I have seen, is that they not only switch into it - but remain there. Of course there is no true way to test it because you can't be the CPU (if that makes sense) the majority of the time.

I will say, I started a CPU v CPU game - in the 3rd quarter switched to one side, and saw that the Aggr Zone was activated for the team. This was on Heisman. I broadcasted last night, and the switch to see the Adjustment occurs at 3:12:55

Watch live video from matt10l's channel on TwitchTV
Old 07-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #63
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

After playing deep into the 3rd quarter, and primarily using the running attack the whole quarter - and switching over to the CPU, it was still set to aggressive.

Sorry Gents - just reporting what I am seeing -
Old 07-08-2013, 03:19 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
After playing deep into the 3rd quarter, and primarily using the running attack the whole quarter - and switching over to the CPU, it was still set to aggressive.

Sorry Gents - just reporting what I am seeing -
Just felt Matt "pop his top" from here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »