Home

I'm pretty sure the CPU isn't using all of its recruiting points.

This is a discussion on I'm pretty sure the CPU isn't using all of its recruiting points. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: I'm pretty sure the CPU isn't using all of its recruiting points.

keep in mind that scouting points come from the same pool.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #10
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
keep in mind that scouting points come from the same pool.
I covered that in my post.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

This is something I was afraid was going to happen. Same thing happened in NCAA 13. I'm guessing they do this in order to make recruiting easier for the casual player. I hope it gets patched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakedownzz
Take a look at your recruiting strategy. Set up your priorities and see if anything is different. Also are you on retail or season ticket?
Season ticket. I will set all positions to high priority to see if that increases the points distribution.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Here are some things I've noticed while testing with a new Mizzou dynasty.

The CPU fully scouted the top 20 players on its board. Fair enough. When I simmed to week two, the CPU put 500 points into the top ten players on the board and used the remaining 1,000 points for 20 scholarships. Fair enough.

When I sim to week three, the problems appear. I see that the CPU has 4,600 of 6,000 points allocated. I see that it scouted no one but offered 8 scholarships at 400 points. This means that the CPU only used 5,000 points the week before. It also reallocated points in a strange way. It took out 1,500 points in players it was leading on who aren't currently being recruited and put them in three players just outside the top ten who are being recruited by other teams. That makes sense. But I also notice that a 4 *, 76 OVR WR only has 100 points allocated to him and Mizzou is losing ground to Wyoming on him now. This leads me to believe the 400 points on scholarships was taken away from him to stay even at 5,000, despite the fact Mizzou has 6,000 to work with. It is also dumb to take those points away from the second highest rated player on the board.

I will sim more when I get a chance later today, but this is the kind of thing worrying me.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 PM   #14
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

One explanation I can reason about this rather than it being a bug is that the roster limits of 75 means the cpu's point spending must be limited or they will end up having to cut way too many players year after year. This in turn would mean that many of the better recruits might never end up on a roster at all after the cut down period.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #15
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
One explanation I can reason about this rather than it being a bug is that the roster limits of 75 means the cpu's point spending must be limited or they will end up having to cut way too many players year after year. This in turn would mean that many of the better recruits might never end up on a roster at all after the cut down period.
That might explain a reduction at the end of the season, but it doesn't explain refusing to use it at the beginning of the season. I just simmed to week four, and allowing for one scholarship, the CPU only used 4,900 points total the week before. That is 1,100 points they are not using despite not getting a single commit yet. This leads me to believe the CPU will not take advantage of additional points gained through the skills, which is probably the reason so many high level recruits aren't being recruited. I mean this is at least two recruits per week that Mizzou could be recruiting but aren't. I hope the actual CPU teams aren't handled this way, but I would guess they are.

Update: simmed to week 5 and only 4,650 points are allocated. Nine have 500 points, one has 150. No one has been removed from the board yet. There was no change in scholarship offers or players scouted. Unless the CPU can offer scholarships or scout people not on the board, the number of points used is steadily decreasing for no reason.

Last edited by Strategizer; 07-08-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »