Home

Offseason coaching carousel

This is a discussion on Offseason coaching carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #25
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Offseason coaching carousel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoeco
I have played through one season on 14 and was the OC at Central Michigan. After that season I was promoted to head coach. I simulated to the season real quick to see what kind of job offers there were and I got hired at Michigan as the HC.
What speed progression did you set?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #26
Rookie

shmoeco's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
What speed progression did you set?
Whatever the default setting is
Old 07-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #27
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Skull, thats just the logic for users which I assume was kept same so guys can get a lot of offers. I just meant logice for hiring cpu coachesm. Also it doesnt really matter who ur coordinators are as u only gain the perks they have unlocked(which is more than last year mattered) as u still use whatever playbook u as the headcoach has listed. I agree we should be able to do it ourselves
Old 07-08-2013, 06:27 PM   #28
MVP

merchant1874's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoeco
I have played through one season on 14 and was the OC at Central Michigan. After that season I was promoted to head coach. I simulated to the season real quick to see what kind of job offers there were and I got hired at Michigan as the HC.

You must be awesome because I am 3 seasons in and still a D prestige with no HC offers.

Playing on heisman with default progression.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:29 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 0

[quote=Skulletor;2045214839]because EA has to implement throw away features like: Season Showdown, that thing last year with the heisman winners, Ultimate team

that's why coaching carousel is shallow and broken, really head coaches still take coordinator positions, has this ever happened in the 100+ year history of college football?

Happened multiple times this year: Joker Phillips, Tom O'Brien and Mario Cristobal all were head coaches in 2012 that are now working as coordinators.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #30
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

[quote=Applewood25;2045219642]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
because EA has to implement throw away features like: Season Showdown, that thing last year with the heisman winners, Ultimate team

that's why coaching carousel is shallow and broken, really head coaches still take coordinator positions, has this ever happened in the 100+ year history of college football?

Happened multiple times this year: Joker Phillips, Tom O'Brien and Mario Cristobal all were head coaches in 2012 that are now working as coordinators.
Fired. Fired. And fired.

His point (again) is that an FBS head coach in good standing with his current school wouldn't accept a coordinator position with another school.

An unemployed coach has little choice.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:05 AM   #31
Rookie

weaponz248's Arena

OVR: 13

Played through one season of 14 as the OC of Washington State. We finished 10-3. I was offered a 5 year extension by WSU but didnt sign it so I got 3 years left in my current contract. Only HC jobs available in the off season were Tennessee and Iowa.

I have default progression and playing on AA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 02:00 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 5

Apparently I missed something about the new coordinators you get. I am UC and in our online dynasty both my coordinators left. DC went to head coach at Missouri, and the OC went to head coach at Tulane.

However for mine (both guys left were fours) my new D coordinator was a 4 (and already had 4 skills) and my OC is a 33 (but has no skills). I saw people say you could resign the points if you wanted, but every time I tried they said I had no points. Hopefully my OC will leave after this year since it will take about 15 years to get him to level up once.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »