Home

Old 07-09-2013, 05:06 AM   #17
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NCAA 14 Digital Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
never really downloaded a game before, but would purchasing the digital download have any sort of possible negative glitches or anything that the disk wouldnt have?
I downloaded Madden 13 and Mass Effect 3. There were no differences to the disc version at all. The only disadvantage is you can't just lend out the game or resell it. But I hardly ever do that anyway.

The advantages are you don't have to change the disc which I think is pretty convenient. And technically you can give the game to up to 2 other people for free by logging onto their PS3 and downloading the game. I was also hoping loading times would be decreased but I don't think there was a difference in those regards.

In the past the PS Store usually updates earlier than 6pm PST. Usually its around 1pm PST. I think EA is just playing it safe so they don't get backlash in case the game is available later than they posted. I'm in the same boat as you Delta, hoping to get a chance to play NCAA tonight European time and not wait till tomorrow for it.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 07-09-2013, 05:17 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 11

Well they said it will be only "by" 6 pm so yeah there's still hope they're playing it safe and planning to get it done earlier but don't want to risk promising something they can't guarantee.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #19
Rookie

LewisCAVS's Arena

OVR: 1

Just curious, if I was to make an American XBL gamer tag and download the game could I then play it on my UK account and UK console. I did this for NFL blitz and it worked fone but I'm not sure if it will work for NCAA.
NCAA - KU basketball
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
Old 07-09-2013, 05:29 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

I tried it man, but with PS3 and it says i need an american credit card, so balls. so unless some one wants to give me there and i will pay straight in to your pay pal account.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:33 AM   #21
Rookie

LewisCAVS's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey4mvp
I tried it man, but with PS3 and it says i need an american credit card, so balls. so unless some one wants to give me there and i will pay straight in to your pay pal account.
With the NFL blitz game on the Xbox I just bought pre paid American Microsoft points and bought and downloaded the game. I signed out and signed back into my UK account and it played fine. It might be different on the PS3 because that uses actual currency and not a points system like the Xbox.

I don't want to download the game on the Xbox and it not work on my UK account
NCAA - KU basketball
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #22
Pro

twinswinagain's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisCAVS
With the NFL blitz game on the Xbox I just bought pre paid American Microsoft points and bought and downloaded the game. I signed out and signed back into my UK account and it played fine. It might be different on the PS3 because that uses actual currency and not a points system like the Xbox.

I don't want to download the game on the Xbox and it not work on my UK account

For the second time, the game will NOT be available for download on the XBOX360 for a couple of months. Microsoft doesnt allow downloads of new release retail games.
MINNESOTA TWINS
MINNESOTA VIKINGS
MINNESOTA WILD
Old 07-09-2013, 05:45 AM   #23
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey4mvp
You can also buy a PSN online code for the US PS Store on amazon.com then use that to pay for the game.

Commissioner of Sim Madden League Europe. Established league for sim players in Europe. Join here:
SML - Europe PS4 Madden Online Franchise
Old 07-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
You can also buy a PSN online code for the US PS Store on amazon.com then use that to pay for the game.
You can buy them on ebay too, if you pay with paypal you usually get the code within a couple of minutes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football »