Home

Day one patch

This is a discussion on Day one patch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Not worth arguing. It's a broken game right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #66
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Day one patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
I really hope they do not change anything with the defense. Don't cave in and put it on easy mode. Make us have to work on the defensive end and get our user skills up. Good usering is very important this year.
Um... if i cant control my DE on an option read then it doesnt matter how good i am.
I cant even count the number of times i have made the read on the QB he keeps it, and i cant control my DE. He just stands there as the QB runs by or WITHOUT ME PRESSING THE TACKLE BUTTON, he dives blindly at NOTHING.

Defense is broken and they have over powered the option, PERIOD
Old 07-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #67
Cupcake on your schedule

igolfbad's Arena

OVR: 8

An attempt at being the voice of reason:

In my observations, EA titles usually get patched with releases that address a myriad of issues, so don't expect a small patch (for example, the "patch" that was only 35MB). When the true first patch releases, it will address a laundry list of problems, and introduce a set of new problems, which will in turn be fixed in the second patch, and so on. This is the EA way.

The perspective that many of you need to gain is that the pre-release date release (i.e. season pass holders) is that in the very short time the "final" product has been in your hands, you've uncovered many many issues that make the game "broke" (for cripe's sake, say "broken" already). In that same short time (5 days? Less?), it's nigh impossible to expect the devs to get them all fixed. We're talking countless lines of code that have to be sifted though and adjusted. Contrary to popular belief, life in general isn't instant. All good things are worth waiting for.

"But I dropped 60$ [sic] on this broke game! The gray facemasks and discolored socks make it completely unplayable for me! ZOMG!!!" Well, Skippy, if you have any recall at all, you know this has ALWAYS been the case, year in and year out, with EA and every one of their titles. Many of us have consciously decided to wait out the first week or so until the first patch rolls out and then we make an education, informed decision on whether or not to even buy the game.

Am I going to buy it? Probably - but I won't do so with high expectations. In fact, I'm going to contact the EA PR department and suggest they change their slogan to "If it's just a game, it's just a game".

End pedantic rant.

Edit: the other thing to realize is EA has had ample time to address the Hernandez issue, which resulted in the mini-patch. Leaving him in the game for any reason would have been a very bad PR decision.

EA Sports: If we make it, they will buy it.

Last edited by igolfbad; 07-09-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #68
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Dood, what do you mean by the "perfect play'? No play is perfect. Most people have man beaters and zone beaters at the same time in their pass play so if you expect to sit in a 2 man under or a Cover 4 without any adjustments your gonna get ate up. Usering is very important and you cannot expect the CPU to cover everything for you.

Also I havent had much trouble stopping the run. Are you pinching/spreading your line and LBs depending on where your opponent is running? Take mental notes and adjust bro.
"Usering" BRO only accounts for one player. I can play lights out with a LB DL or DE but it doesnt matter when my DB's have a 5 second delay on a break or cut a WR makes. OK, now i switch to a DB. There are still 3-4 other DB's i cant control. and now the LB i was controlling is all of a sudden playing with his head up his ***.

Defense is broken
Old 07-09-2013, 11:33 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggler360
Not worth arguing. It's a broken game right now.
The game is most definitely not broken. It still plays a nice game of football. It is not perfect, and does have some issues. However, "broken" is not a term I would use to describe NCAA 14.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #70
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by igolfbad
An attempt at being the voice of reason:

In my observations, EA titles usually get patched with releases that address a myriad of issues, so don't expect a small patch (for example, the "patch" that was only 35MB). When the true first patch releases, it will address a laundry list of problems, and introduce a set of new problems, which will in turn be fixed in the second patch, and so on. This is the EA way.

The perspective that many of you need to gain is that the pre-release date release (i.e. season pass holders) is that in the very short time the "final" product has been in your hands, you've uncovered many many issues that make the game "broke" (for cripe's sake, say "broken" already). In that same short time (5 days? Less?), it's nigh impossible to expect the devs to get them all fixed. We're talking countless lines of code that have to be sifted though and adjusted. Contrary to popular belief, life in general isn't instant. All good things are worth waiting for.

"But I dropped 60$ [sic] on this broke game! The gray facemasks and discolored socks make it completely unplayable for me! ZOMG!!!" Well, Skippy, if you have any recall at all, you know this has ALWAYS been the case, year in and year out, with EA and every one of their titles. Many of us have consciously decided to wait out the first week or so until the first patch rolls out and then we make an education, informed decision on whether or not to even buy the game.

Am I going to buy it? Probably - but I won't do so with high expectations. In fact, I'm going to contact the EA PR department and suggest they change their slogan to "If it's just a game, it's just a game".

End pedantic rant.

Edit: the other thing to realize is EA has had ample time to address the Hernandez issue, which resulted in the mini-patch. Leaving him in the game for any reason would have been a very bad PR decision.

EA Sports: If we make it, they will buy it.
This or, "Its all and over the top, or nothing".
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2
Broken is exactly what it is... Worst ncaa in current form to date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #72
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

I've seen the word "broken" thrown around this forum to describe this game for the past few days. A ridiculous notion if I've ever seen one..

I'm done with the NCAA subforum on OS, just done. Time to enjoy the game, I'll see you in the photo and dynasty update threads. All you other people enjoy complaining about a "broken" game you bought for the next six months instead of actually trying to enjoy it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »