Home

Defence is broken..

This is a discussion on Defence is broken.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Defence is broken..

I agree, game is fun but the defense especially pass defense reaction time, is sub par....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #26
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
I agree, game is fun but the defense especially pass defense reaction time, is sub par....
As much as I've tried to play 3-4 or 4-3 defenses in NCAA games, it's pretty useless.

You're better off running a 2-4 nickle package on every down even against the run. Its like the more people you have back in coverage the better regardless if the opponent runs or not. It shouldn't be that way.

Vertical patterns and out routes to the sidelines are impossible to stop if you're playing someone that has their pass timing down. Passes to the RB over the middle out of the backfield are impossible to stop as well. Linebackers never cover the guy, there is always space. Curls patterns are very effective as well.

You can be "better" at defense if you take control of a defensive end or DT, manually controll him, and drop back in coverage every down but what fun is that? How realistic is that?

Defense needs serious work. If someone thinks I'm just not good at it I would like to play them online and see if they can ever stop me.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 07-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2
I don't understand how they could release a game with these types of unstoppable routes. Hot routing 10 times and having 10 guys in zone makes no sense.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #28
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Strangely, the only time I have troubles playing defense is when I play against a user using a team better than my own. Seriously, you don't have to hot route everybody, I don't hot route my defenses. You're going to give up goofy plays. Everyone does. You're also going to lose your fair share of games, this does not mean that you suck or the game sucks.

Think of it like a damn chess match. Try to out think your opponent. If he's passing, start spot lighting his receiver and running whichever your favorite defensive formation is. Your opponent will make a mistake as no one is perfect.

Take your licks and move on. I don't play with top tiered talented teams but somehow I still have loads of fun. Know your limitations and work off of them.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #29
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

Im getting better at defense after my 3rd game. It's in a sense slowing down for me. The game speed still feels fast. Twitch muscles in your thumbs will def have to be on the top of their game.

I refuse to drop back more than 8 players, mixing it up is working better and better for me each game. Just held a guy online(LSU) to 14 points 144 passing. I use multiple D. 34,43 and dime quarters. Highlighting slot wrs or their best wr/TE is also helping a ton.

I HATE the interception transition this year. lol Sure Ill get used to it though.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #30
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

its definitely a lot tougher to play D when you can't stop on a dime when running full speed and jump back in the other direction to user pick...but also realistic. Learn to play zones/mix it up, and use schemes and it will make it a little better.

Last edited by thisisasticup; 07-08-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:22 PM   #31
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggler360
In the past you could make plays. The read option needs to be almost turned off online and they need to allow teams to effectively run HB draws like in Madden. And where is the blitz?
Read option is simple to stop. use "adjustments" and you can stop it 9 times out of 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #32
MVP

Venom_2K's Arena

Maybe the defense AI has improved?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »