Home

GameStop Not Doing Midnight Release

This is a discussion on GameStop Not Doing Midnight Release within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: GameStop Not Doing Midnight Release

How much luck do people have at Walmart at midnight? I usually don't have enough free time to worry about getting the game at release but a work layoff this year has changed that. No gamestops around me are doing midnight releases so Walmart would be my only option, but I'd rather not have to wait around while some clueless third shift employee tries to find it in the back.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #34
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan01
How much luck do people have at Walmart at midnight? I usually don't have enough free time to worry about getting the game at release but a work layoff this year has changed that. No gamestops around me are doing midnight releases so Walmart would be my only option, but I'd rather not have to wait around while some clueless third shift employee tries to find it in the back.
It's where I've gone in the past, no problems at all.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #35
Banned

fearme504's Arena

Quote:
I asked my local Walmart if Id be able to pick it up tonight at midnight and they said I would, I cancelled my gamestop preorder because of this and will be heading to walmart at midnight
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 08:38 PM   #36
Banned

Wilson16NCSU's Arena

Quote:
They usually always have them right at the register when I used to do it
Old 07-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can you not upgrade season ticket right at midnight? if not guess i'll hit walmart.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #38
Rookie

man_u_treble's Arena

OVR: 2

The Gamestop in Millegdeville, GA is not open at Midnight tonight. I would have gone, but now I have to wait until I'm off work!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:42 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

yea got the text also yesturday that mine will be doin midnight release still
Old 07-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #40
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

If you have multiple Wal-Marts in your city, I'd go to one in a nice part of town. Numerous times I've gone to the Wal-Mart closest to my house for games at midnight, which is actually in a lower-rent part of the city. The Wal-Mart. Not my house. Anyway..... many, many times they either haven't been able to find the game in the back, or it's taken them awhile to figure out what they're supposed to be doing. However, when I've gone to another Wal-Mart within a short drive they've either had it at the counter or the guy knew exactly what I was talking about and went back to get it.

Short story: Once I went to that bad Wal-Mart to pick up Red Dead Redemption. They had signs EVERYWHERE stating "Pick up RDR at midnight here!".
Yea, they had no idea what the game was or if they even had it. Turns out they "couldn't find it in the back" so I had to drive across town anyway.

Last edited by BA2929; 07-08-2013 at 09:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »