Home

No Huddle Takes Over The World

This is a discussion on No Huddle Takes Over The World within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: No Huddle Takes Over The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
I finally remembered how to fix this, same way I addressed the issue of way too much no huddle/hurry-up in '13.

Go into Coaching options and edit the philosophy of the CPU HC and OC! I was so sick of facing so many no huddle teams, that it was becoming a major buzzkill. It was no fun having to defense with my Dime package 80% of the time and hardly ever getting my other LB's on the field.

In my offline Dynasty, I was 10-1 going into the Iron Bowl vs Auburn. Auburn is a spread, no-huddle team, so I adjusted HC Gus Malzahn's hurry up philosophy from "aggressive" to "conservative". I also did this for the OC, as his was set to aggressive also.

The game played great! The CPU ran exactly ZERO hurry up plays! It actually played like a realistic football game, rather than backyard cheesiness. I'm really glad that setting/option works as it's supposed to.

It was also the best game I've played on 14, but I must add that it's also the first game I've played since whatever retail patch or tuner since I played off disc today (was using season ticket before)

Anyway, I barely won, 23-20 in OT. Auburn (CPU) was very effective at running, both the dual threat QB and HB. Tre Mason was injured and did not play, but even the backup HB had a good game. CPU ran for 193 yards, and that makes me very pleased.

In closing, being able to address the issue I had with way too much no huddle will go a long way into making this game much more enjoyable for me and my play style preferences.
At this point you should expect Auburn to run it nearly the full game. Gus has run the no-huddle spread for years and done quite well with it. Something like 5 state championships at the HS level, 3 top 5 NCAA offenses, and 2 Heisman candidates (one winning).
Old 07-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt45
This is a good thing?
Agreed. Seems like a cheat code to me if you slow down a team that is actually a hurry up/no huddle type team to make it easier to win. I mean playing with Alabama is so easy I would not think one would need any help winning against Auburn but whatever floats different peoples' boats I guess.
Old 07-10-2013, 04:04 PM   #11
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Hooray for making teams not play like their real-life counterparts...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #12
Rookie

guru8's Arena

OVR: 6

Agreed. If they're no huddle, let em roll.. In the college football realm we are in now, teams switch to the spread and no huddle all the time. Hell, even Nebraska turned up the heat at times on people while running the inverted veer and play action with T Magic. This game is cool, and I've played em all since Bill Walsh. If we sit back and ball up, we'll all appreciate it a lot more. Blogs and things cloud our thinking of how the game is. I'm not bashing anyone, I love the reads, but since we all buy it, perfect what you can and move on.
NBA- Phoenix Suns
MLB- Atlanta Braves

'Life is not a sprint, it's a marathon.. you start off fast, and now ya wheezin' in the back" - Jay-Z (2005)
Old 07-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
Rookie

BrettAU's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
I finally remembered how to fix this, same way I addressed the issue of way too much no huddle/hurry-up in '13.

Go into Coaching options and edit the philosophy of the CPU HC and OC! I was so sick of facing so many no huddle teams, that it was becoming a major buzzkill. It was no fun having to defense with my Dime package 80% of the time and hardly ever getting my other LB's on the field.

In my offline Dynasty, I was 10-1 going into the Iron Bowl vs Auburn. Auburn is a spread, no-huddle team, so I adjusted HC Gus Malzahn's hurry up philosophy from "aggressive" to "conservative". I also did this for the OC, as his was set to aggressive also.

The game played great! The CPU ran exactly ZERO hurry up plays! It actually played like a realistic football game, rather than backyard cheesiness. I'm really glad that setting/option works as it's supposed to.

It was also the best game I've played on 14, but I must add that it's also the first game I've played since whatever retail patch or tuner since I played off disc today (was using season ticket before)

Anyway, I barely won, 23-20 in OT. Auburn (CPU) was very effective at running, both the dual threat QB and HB. Tre Mason was injured and did not play, but even the backup HB had a good game. CPU ran for 193 yards, and that makes me very pleased.

In closing, being able to address the issue I had with way too much no huddle will go a long way into making this game much more enjoyable for me and my play style preferences.
How is Auburn running zero no-huddle plays realistic?
Old 07-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #14
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettAU
How is Auburn running zero no-huddle plays realistic?
You're right, Auburn not running any no huddle is not realistic.

The game was to test the effectiveness of that CPU coaching option, and it worked well.

Going forward what I plan to do is set teams that run real life no-huddle to "normal", and other teams to conservative.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
Rookie

BrettAU's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
You're right, Auburn not running any no huddle is not realistic.

The game was to test the effectiveness of that CPU coaching option, and it worked well.

Going forward what I plan to do is set teams that run real life no-huddle to "normal", and other teams to conservative.
Not a bad idea. Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #16
Rookie

I don't mind all the no-huddle teams because that's what we're seeing college football today. It's not unrealistic. What I do mind is that every one of them runs the no-huddle every single play unless the clock is stopped. That part is unrealistic. It'd be nice to see teams mix things up instead of having to play nickel/dime packages the entire game against them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »