Home

No Huddle Takes Over The World

This is a discussion on No Huddle Takes Over The World within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #33
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: No Huddle Takes Over The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmemerson22
So you edited the head coaching options of Gus Malzahn, who was one of the early coaches to employ a quick-style offense?
Yes I did. I did it to test the effectiveness of the conservative-normal-aggressive coaching option. The setting is effective.

I've already stated that I realize Gus/Auburn not running no-huddle is not realistic. I'm just glad there's a setting the user can employ that keeps the CPU from running no-huddle every single down in the entire game. I have found that setting no-huddle teams to normal works better for me.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #34
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

I dont mind the no huddle but I swear the cpu runs the same 3 plays over and over. I was playing against wash st they threw a wr screen 3 times in a row. Im already starting to think of trade value for this game. Just getting annoying and not having any real fun with it, kinda of a yawn imo.

Playing:
Old 07-18-2013, 01:19 AM   #35
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

I'd recommend changing every no-huddle team to aggressive (the players look to the sideline between plays) and every team that huddles to conservative. It's the most realistic way. The "normal" option is garbage. No team just runs play after play without huddling or looking to the sideline for calls.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 02:42 AM   #36
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Icon11 Re: No Huddle Takes Over The World

Until it get fix what defense do you guys run when the CPU runs the no huddle after each play?

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 07-18-2013, 01:18 PM   #37
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Until it get fix what defense do you guys run when the CPU runs the no huddle after each play?
I end up running Dime defense, if the no huddle team is a spread team with 4 wide-outs. It's not very fun playing the entire game in Dime.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
I end up running Dime defense, if the no huddle team is a spread team with 4 wide-outs. It's not very fun playing the entire game in Dime.
If it's a spread team, even if they huddle after every play they will still be in a 4 wide set most of the time.

You can also use left and right to switch defensive formations when the playcalling window appears.

Setting the CPU no-huddle coaches to agressive will cause the team to look to the side line for the play and give you time to switch up the 'D'.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:14 PM   #39
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
The only no huddle teams that bug me....are Army and ****ing Navy. Seriously? No huddle flexbone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 16

I posted this in another no huddle thread, but it applies here as well:

I am fine with teams running no huddle, as this is clearly a part of college football .

But - the pre-play controls in NCAA are terrible. Basically - during the 4-5 seconds while the CPU is lining up for the no huddle, the game doesn't allow you to do anything with respect to defensive playcalling. By the time the playcalling screen finally appears, you have no time to call the play - thus giving the offense a ridiculous "artificial" advantage.

When you play against a team that runs no huddle in real life, you go out at the beginning of a series with a gameplan. This simply can't be done in NCAA 14 because of the controls.

Every time a team runs no huddle - a screen with the defensive audibles should instantly appear on the screen - thus mimicking what coaches and captains do in real life. They certainly don't stand around waiting for 4-5 seconds before calling a play at the last possible second.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »