Home

NCAA Football 14 Recruiting Guide

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14 Recruiting Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 02:33 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X49ER
Okay, I realize I'm going to sound stupid but I just don't see the option. Is it available in the online dynasty? Which menu is it under? I've looked in recruiting and seen things like the top 100, my school, pipeline states... but I don't see any creation options.

Sorry for the confusion, I'm at work right now but think I checked it over pretty thoroughly earlier.
You cannot create prospects for online dynasties.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #34
Just started!

OVR: 0
I have not tried multiple teams as the author of the guide has explained trying however I will point out that recruiting from a small school is much different then every before. I have Umass as my team, a one star who has only played one season of Division 1 ball prior to this years game. Clearly this school has no tradition or prestige but if you target the right type of players you can land the 4 and 5 star guys. Three examples, all of which I started targeting them when they were at less then 20%. The two 5 star are from New Hampshire and Maine so the advantage of proximity to home is clear however the 4 star is not local. I threw as many points to the recruit as I could so I would say that if you are going to go for "your guy" go all in. All three recruits are SPARQ top 100, ranked 9 (a top ten recruit) 12 and 19 including the number 5 and 12 ATH and number 2 DE. I will say the key is all points in but more importantly, with the small school you have to win. I am playing on Heisman, offense, defense and recruiting (great new feature) but my schedule strength was only a C-. Vandy was my only ranked opponent and they were quickly out of the top 25, as I said, you have to win to get a star player to look at you so I went for a weaker schedule to get wins. Additionally, I had level 1 coaches across the board so my team truly started at ground zero. I may not play in the National Championship but Boise State gets 5 star players and is considered successful by being a winner. I choose a 1 star to build and get hired to new jobs. Hope my experience will encourage you not to worry about a small school but I would say you have to win first or those recruits will not even look at you.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 8
Question... So if I'm down 1000-2,000 points on a recruit in week 5 should I panic and drop them off my board or do I still have a legit chance of getting them ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #36
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NCAA Football 14 Recruiting Guide

Anyone know how to unlock a locked recruit? I have the skill but Im not sure how to activate it..
Old 07-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by niggarachi
Question... So if I'm down 1000-2,000 points on a recruit in week 5 should I panic and drop them off my board or do I still have a legit chance of getting them ?
Depends on your school, and who you are recruiting against.

If you're a low level coach & low prestige team and you're fighting Bama, Ohio State, Notre Dame... then leave the recruit if that team is going after that player.

If you're a bigger school fighting a mid level school, you can make up some ground. Keep in mind, on campus visits can bring in 1,000 - 1,500 points with a good visit. That can get you back into the recruiting battle
Old 07-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #38
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy this year

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:25 PM   #39
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
So, is there a consensus on what people are doing with early vs. late visits? The in-game prompts definitely encourage you to schedule later, and show how you will get more points for a late visit. To me, this is counter-intuitive, and I think the author of the Recruiting Guide post is right when he says that you don't want to allow the recruit to visit a bunch of schools before you.

Perhaps it depends on the lock percentage? I suppose you need enough time to get the % up to 100, but you usually schedule visits as soon as they pass 50%, so that's hard to predict.

I've been trying it both ways to see what works and what doesn't. I think if there's nobody else close to you in the race, schedule early and get those additional points - you should have an insurmountable lead and lock him up. Conversely, if you're 1000 points back, might as well schedule a late one to hope you have closed the gap by then, and use the bigger pay-off to leap forward.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #40
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Anyone know how to unlock a locked recruit? I have the skill but Im not sure how to activate it..
You have to be close enough to the last place team, I believe. Check the skill in the tree to see the exact measurement.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »