Home

NCAA Football 14: Breaking Down the Recruiting Skill Tree

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 14: Breaking Down the Recruiting Skill Tree within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 04:05 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Normal is like lvl 8. I have done about 3 different dynasties to see I start as oc or dc at 1 star schools didn't play but simmed. You can get to that level basically off recruiting and winning 6 games. Maybe 10-15 is if you go to a big school as a oc or dc they have more talent and win more games which can give more xp. I think i will just do slow, since normal can got fast once you are at a top school and slowest may take forever.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:14 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA Football 14: Breaking Down the Recruiting Skill Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameface1324
Good guide, but the stat you stated on speed of progression isn't right. I dont think you considered later levels taking longer to level up. 15-20 levels a season on Normal? No. We are in week 5 of our current dynasty and no one is above level 4. Its only going to slow down. I figure everyone will be roughly level 8 by seasons end
For year 1, starting at level 1, you'll hit all the year end bonuses.

You get bonuses for recruiting classes, landing top recruits, mid level recruits. You get bonuses for winning streaks, bowl games, championship games, players getting drafted, records being broken etc.

By the end of the year just based on gameplay, you will have 9-10 levels. But when you add in all the random XP you earn for things you can't imagine earn XP, you will get those extra levels. Winning the BCS alone is 5,000XP, which would be a level or 2 on it's own.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:57 AM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 2
I was locked out by a recruit but out of all the teams had the most bonus points from pipelines and such.

I figured if i could get back into battle for him i could win so i used a key on him after that i gained about
1000 points and only was 200 away from his 1st choice.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:01 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0
Locksmith seems to give you a bonus not just unlock the recruit. It can quite literally catapult you into to top spot but more like the 2nd or third spot, and leave you in great position to win the recruit. It is very valuable, as it allows the user to focus on other recruits and use the locksmith after potentially securing other recruits. (albeit you must stay within 2,000 points anyways).

I reccomend using this if you are within 1,400 points. or just outside the lock off.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #21
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

im on slowest, in my 5th season as a O coordinator and im level 7. been to a bowl each year but only won 1. have won atleast 10 games a year with 11 being the most. my job offers after year one at army were weak. but i left for the Utah State O coordinator job. fullfilled my 3 year contract and was offered the Texas OC job after 2nd year at USU (3rd overall) but after that it was pretty bad schools. after this last season i got offered a few HC jobs that werent sunbelt for once but only 1 BCS team and that was 2-10 Duke. Hawaii was the only HC job that wasnt mac or sunbelt that had a winning record and wanted me as headcoach. Im at Duke now and i need 10,000 to get to level 8 and im getting around 1500 a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #22
Rookie

shifty1's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecfivester
Locksmith seems to give you a bonus not just unlock the recruit. It can quite literally catapult you into to top spot but more like the 2nd or third spot, and leave you in great position to win the recruit. It is very valuable, as it allows the user to focus on other recruits and use the locksmith after potentially securing other recruits. (albeit you must stay within 2,000 points anyways).

I reccomend using this if you are within 1,400 points. or just outside the lock off.
Whoa, glad I read this! I never thought unlocking a guy would ALSO trigger a bump up on his list and increased interest! And letting specs stay locked while you go after others and then unlock him before the 2K cut-off... That's some next level stuff, can't wait to test it out
Old 02-04-2014, 07:36 PM   #23
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty1
Whoa, glad I read this! I never thought unlocking a guy would ALSO trigger a bump up on his list and increased interest! And letting specs stay locked while you go after others and then unlock him before the 2K cut-off... That's some next level stuff, can't wait to test it out
Lock picks move you to exactly halfway between 1st and 2nd.

IE:
1: FSU
2: Miami : -1000
-----cut line -----
You

After a lock pick it'll look like this:
2: You : -500
3: Miami: -1000

It's really awesome when 1st and 2nd are close like this:
2: Miami : -10
3: Texas : -500
4: Oklahoma : -1000
------ Cut line ----
you

A lock pick leaves it like this:
2: You : -5
3: Miami : -10
4: Texas : -500
5: Oklahoma : -1000

If you can do that the same week as a visit then the following week you will either have a huge lead or you can even sign the kid out right. Nothing's better then going from locked out to signing a recruit in 1 week.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-04-2014, 07:44 PM   #24
Rookie

shifty1's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Lock picks move you to exactly halfway between 1st and 2nd.

IE:
2: Miami : -1000
-----cut line -----
You

After a lock pick it'll look like this:
2: You : -500
3: Miami: -1000

It's really awesome when 1st and 2nd are close like this:
2: Miami : -10
3: Texas : -500
4: Oklahoma : -1000
------ Cut line ----
you

A lock pick leaves it like this:
2: You : -5
3: Miami : -10
4: Texas : -500
5: Oklahoma : -1000

If you can do that the same week as a visit then the following week you will either have a huge lead or you can even sign the kid out right. Nothing's better then going from locked out to signing a recruit in 1 week.
Crazy! Thanks for breaking that down. Locksmith is the only untouched recruiting skill I have on the tree, always thought it was a waste.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »