Home

The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 05:56 AM   #33
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHimself
i've had past success in NCAA with the sweeps in these formations.
As have I. The speed sweep and WB Misdirection play have been 7+ yard pick-ups for me for as long as I remember. This year both of those plays seem to have been incredibly toned down.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #34
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

I always do a dynasty with a TeamBuilder squad that time travels to the late 80s-early 90s and runs the Flexbone, Wishbone, Power I, etc. I usually give up in frustration because the blocking and timing have been so poor in recent iterations of the NCAA franchise.

But I LOVE the option in NCAA 14. It works the best it has on the 360/PS3. I think the biggest improvement is in the timing of hand-offs and fakes. Before the QB & HBs wore cement shoes. Now that has been fixed. The new physics engine also makes misdirection a deadly tool for a flexbone offense.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #35
Rookie

dabigman9748's Arena

OVR: 7

I am a huge fan of the flexbone. In fact, the flexbone would be the main reason that I would purchase the game. So do you think that the flexbone has improved enough this year to warrant a purchase? Does the option run much smoother in 14? Or would I be better off purchasing 13 for much less money?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #36
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

What do you mean by "tech side?" Are you saying to just make sure you I am running to the side the play calls for? Whatever it takes to make my FB my feature back the better. This offense, like you said, is designed for him to get the most carries and yards. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #37
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
B back should be out rushing ur a backs. Make sure ur running ur dives to right tech side. Some of the dives go a gap and some b. Some up the guard. U need to make sure ur fb is diving to the correct tech side depending on which play is called.

To the guy with sim issues. 2 things. Alwasy sim on play at a time when ur on d or special teams. Never sim to end of drive. U dont have to watch but just do play at time. Also whe. U do this the sliders work for simming. U can make the cpu have 6 to 10 play drives this way. They wont use mich time but 2 to 3 mjnutes on 10 plays compared to 4 plays and 20 secs is much better
What do you mean by "tech side?" Are you saying to just make sure you I am running to the side the play calls for? Whatever it takes to make my FB my feature back the better. This offense, like you said, is designed for him to get the most carries and yards. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #38
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabigman9748
I am a huge fan of the flexbone. In fact, the flexbone would be the main reason that I would purchase the game. So do you think that the flexbone has improved enough this year to warrant a purchase? Does the option run much smoother in 14? Or would I be better off purchasing 13 for much less money?
Definitely buy 14. For me it will just take a little time to figure out all the nuances of this offense, but trust me, when you make the right reads, you can get huge gains. Very rewarding.

Last edited by volwalker; 07-11-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Definitely but 14. For me it will just take a little time to figure out all the nuances of this offense, but trust me, when you make the right reads, you can get huge gains. Very rewarding.
Agreed. I am having a blast with it and now that i've hit year 2 and was able to pick up suitable players at QB & A back - wow. For some reason I was able to steal (nobody was targeting) 2 athletes which turned into a 73 OVR QB with 88 Spd 85 Acc and a 79 OVR (4* gem) HB with 95 Spd 91 Acc. Keep in mind this is on a 1* Ga State team that is now mid 60s overall playing a schedule of primarily 1* teams. When I can get the ball to the A back with some space he is gone as he is so much better than the opposition. Oh well - time to schedule some tougher teams next year.

The only thing I am not liking right now is there are still too many carries to the QB / A back. It is to the point where I am now suprised when it goes to the B back (and its making me miss reads as it is so uncommon - oops). This, combined with the fact that my A back is so much better than my opponents is making it hard for me to determine if I need to tweak sliders to make it harder. If they would force the B back runs more often I think it would be much more balanced but as it is now I'm moving the ball a bit too easily.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #40
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Agreed. I am having a blast with it and now that i've hit year 2 and was able to pick up suitable players at QB & A back - wow. For some reason I was able to steal (nobody was targeting) 2 athletes which turned into a 73 OVR QB with 88 Spd 85 Acc and a 79 OVR (4* gem) HB with 95 Spd 91 Acc. Keep in mind this is on a 1* Ga State team that is now mid 60s overall playing a schedule of primarily 1* teams. When I can get the ball to the A back with some space he is gone as he is so much better than the opposition. Oh well - time to schedule some tougher teams next year.

The only thing I am not liking right now is there are still too many carries to the QB / A back. It is to the point where I am now suprised when it goes to the B back (and its making me miss reads as it is so uncommon - oops). This, combined with the fact that my A back is so much better than my opponents is making it hard for me to determine if I need to tweak sliders to make it harder. If they would force the B back runs more often I think it would be much more balanced but as it is now I'm moving the ball a bit too easily.
I found out that if you run triple option to the weak side some the DE tends to go for the QB, allowing the b back get some more carries. Maybe we need to run the basic FB dive play to compensate for that some of that. Either that or run more basic outside plays (speed option, toss, etc) in order for the DE to bite on the QB instead whenever you do go back to the triple. Still more testing needs to be done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »