Home

The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

This is a discussion on The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The Official NCAA 14 Flexbone Offense Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
I found out that if you run triple option to the weak side some the DE tends to go for the QB, allowing the b back get some more carries. Maybe we need to run the basic FB dive play to compensate for that some of that. Either that or run more basic outside plays (speed option, toss, etc) in order for the DE to bite on the QB instead whenever you do go back to the triple. Still more testing needs to be done.
Is it a specific play / formation you are seeing this on or just anything to the weak side?

I haven't really experimented much with the speed options, etc but maybe you are onto something there. Maybe we can trick em into changing up their reads. Let me know what you find out.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #42
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeetyo
Is it a specific play / formation you are seeing this on or just anything to the weak side?

I haven't really experimented much with the speed options, etc but maybe you are onto something there. Maybe we can trick em into changing up their reads. Let me know what you find out.
Anytime I run any sort of triple option to the weak side, the DE seems to go for the QB more. This happens alot in practice too, but I played another game last night with a buddy of mine an I ran triple to the weak side more than usual and the b back seemed to get more carries this way. Just another thing to test out.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #43
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

vol, the tech side being where the dt's are. in the 1 gap or 3 gap (normal alignement) so say your running triple out of flex. and the fb will be diving off the outside shoulder of guard of the 5 hole. if the 1 tech is on the side your running then the guard can wash him down and you have a hole. if you run against the 3 tech then he will crash down in the hole your running and you will hit the back of guard, get tackled or have to reroute. this can all be determined before snap although blitzes can mess you up from time to time.

but as time said, whats the damn point they never take the qb ever!!!!!! i do know what vol means about the weak side. sometime depending on the dline shift you will have a play with no read man or the read man is the old, ss or nickel and thats about the only time you can give to fb. also sometime when you flip a play the read man will disapear altogehter which means you have everyone blocked and no one will run free. you can give or keep on this.

but has anyone figured out why the read man wont take the qb? has to be tied to something because it works proper in practice.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #44
Rookie

dabigman9748's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Definitely buy 14. For me it will just take a little time to figure out all the nuances of this offense, but trust me, when you make the right reads, you can get huge gains. Very rewarding.
Great. So the flexbone has greatly improved? I'm guessing that the new physics system has made it much easier.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #45
Rookie

ClemTiger's Arena

OVR: 2

Whose playbook is the best to use? I've only played with GT's so far.

The only fear I have using this in my OD is that if I can't constantly score and get a couple scores behind, (since defense is non-existent) then I won't win a lot of games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemTiger
Whose playbook is the best to use? I've only played with GT's so far.

The only fear I have using this in my OD is that if I can't constantly score and get a couple scores behind, (since defense is non-existent) then I won't win a lot of games.
I haven't ventured outside of GT's yet, but I will as soon as I am happy with sliders.

As for your fear - I wouldn't worry too much. If you get HB/WR athletes for your A backs you can have a ton of fun with mismatches to assist in the passing game. Besides, clock eating long drives are a great ally vs a team used to a 49 - 52 shootout.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Old 07-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #47
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatleg3
On a trap option, who is the read for the B-back. In the play art it just shows who you the pitch man is. And looking at an instant replay, all the defensive lineman are getting blocked.
There is no read for the B back on trap options. It's really a double option with a built-in fake. IRL the B fills where the pulling lineman was.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0
Which flex playbook is everyone using?
Anyone tested the 2 new Pistol - Flexbone formations?

***READ DON'T GUESS***
***3-3-5***
***You know I'm blitzing but you know from where!!***

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »