Home

360 vs PS3

This is a discussion on 360 vs PS3 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2013, 04:48 PM   #17
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 360 vs PS3

For me on my plasma the PS3 version wins for the 1st time ever. Looks clearer despite the jaggies. Colors are way better on PS3 as well. Again I'm on a plasma, LCD is totally different I assume.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
I bought the digital download off playstation store. I'm playing on a 46" Samsung 1080p LCD and I don't notice the jaggies so much as lower detail and poorer performance than the 360. What really sealed the deal for me was create highlights where the replays were all herky jerky. The more I played the more obvious it became I was playing a ported version. Going to gamestop today and getting it on 360. I'll take the $59 hit. It's college football and this game gets more playing time by me than any other by far.
THIS!!!!!! You won't be disappointed. After 3 days with the ps3 version I knew I had made a mistake. After making the swap I'm so happy. Gonna leave it at that
Old 07-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

So it seems that most of us that have played both versions either prefer the 360 version or will be switching to the 360 version. It kind of sucks because it seems that most of us have more friends on the ps3. This is one of my main gaming titles and if I have the option, I refuse to pay for the inferior port.

Do yourself a favor and go ahead and opt for the x360 version. Because once you start playing the ps3 copy, in the back of your brain you know you could be getting a better experience.

Plus two many cpu teams run the no-huddle offense for me to have worry about my play selection screen not showing up quick enough.

Last edited by KDUB; 07-10-2013 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:40 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yup, I am in the same boat. I am going back to Toys R Us tomorrow and exchanging my PS3 copy for 360.

I just got back home and I played the retail releases of both games in store. 360 version at Best buy and PS3 version at Gamestop.

I know from playing the demos that the PS3 has far superior sound being that it pumps out DTS, which is far richer then Dolby.

But this was the final factor for me....no huddle offense. On the 360 the playbook pops up with hardly any lag whatsoever allowing you to pick your next play if on offense quickly or if you are playing the CPU and they are running no huddle it allows you to change your defense quickly as well. On the PS3 version, COMPLETE TRASH. THere was one point where I had held down "triangle" to run up to the line to get a play off quick and I had a good 10-12 sec lag of it not even showing me the playbook. My players were lined up ready for me to snap it, but my playbook hand't even popped up for me to select the next play.

It saddens me because in every way I wanted to buy the PS3 version this year, but its very clear that EA puts their relationship with Microsoft first but I hope this changes next generation....very disappointed now because I can't even play it at home until tomorrow. And then I'm still gonna have to hope they have a 360 copy that I can exchange my unopened PS3 copy for.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #21
Just started!

360 da bess
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #22
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

I think the 360 version looks much better this year, I've played the demos and full game version for each console. Agree on the sound, the PS3 does have clearer audio and sounds less compressed. Though everything else considered the 360 trumps the PS3 in all other aspects, graphics, most definitely color (I'm stumped at some on here claiming the PS3 has better color, just not the case), check out the screenshot thread and you can easily tell which images are from what console. The lagging in the menus for the PS3 version along with a non-aliased image is too much to sacrifice IMO, especially the lag.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:27 AM   #23
Rookie

Always go with the PS3 version of NCAA because my brother and I generally share a copy and he doesn't have XBL so it just makes sense...

But anyway...I've played the game just a little before having to leave the house today and the game looked quite good on my 67" Samsung 1080p LED DLP...some jaggies...and the crowd looks like trash..and the grass looks like old astro turf...but whatever...I digress...

Try something for haha's if you're a PS3 owner with a 1080p set...FORCE the PS3 into only outputting 1080p...the game defaults to its native resolution (720p) when you have all of the resolutions checked in your PS3 settings...go into display settings and uncheck 1080i and 720p...

see if your notice any difference...

I'll tell you I didn't, but the scaling chip on my TV was damn good for when it was released...its POSSIBLE that if your TV's scaler is crap that letting the PS3 do the upscaling 720p--->1080p might give you a better result...always worth a shot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by Metfanant; 07-11-2013 at 03:57 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #24
Rookie

go_irish's Arena

Last year I switched back from NCAA 13 to NCAA 12 after weeks of frustration. I'm from Europe and my only chance to play the game is on PS3. Well, last year's game was crappy: awful 3D grass (worse than previous year...why??), terrible helmet reflections, golden helmets going brown at night, stadium lights turned off at night, jaggies everywhere. And all this stuff just on PS3. I saw a lot of videos from the 360 version and it was way better. The same seems happening with NCAA 14. 3D grass is better, but golden helmets are still horrible at night, jaggies still there and now that new grey facemask bug... Another PS3 exclusive... For the first time in 3 years I won't buy the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »