Home

Issues With Lag When Calling Defensive Plays Versus CPU No Huddle

This is a discussion on Issues With Lag When Calling Defensive Plays Versus CPU No Huddle within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #49
Rookie

reece420's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Issues With Lag When Calling Defensive Plays Versus CPU No Huddle

I'm on 360 and have not had this problem (yet). But sometimes when its a running play my RB stops in the middle of a hand off then starts to run but gets hit in the backfield cause of that 2 sec pause. Has this happened to anyone?
Old 07-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 10

I'll add my bid here. Happened last year and still happens this year. Like some sid, this is probably the most frustrating thing for me with the game.

My Pennsylvania A&T Baseball Dynasty (MVP NCAA 06)
Old 07-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #51
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
Yeah I posted about this in the Bugs thread as well. Hopefully there is a fix coming as it is very frustrating to have to try to call a play as quickly as possible once the screen finally comes up.

I have found, at times, repeatedly tapping X (PS3) after the play the screen will come up quicker. So now I just do this and it has reduced the frequency of me not being able to call a play at all.
is this really a viable fix?

as i've said, I've avoided opening this game b/c in the past I'v tried to look past issues and jsut become frustrated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2013, 05:14 PM   #52
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baughn3
I have found, at times, repeatedly tapping X (PS3) after the play the screen will come up quicker. So now I just do this and it has reduced the frequency of me not being able to call a play at all.
Tried that once and it selected the X play blindly - not a good result.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0
Am I the only person who thinks this is kind of realistic? Many college DCs complain that they don't have time to get their calls in. It bothers me, but it's realistic.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlake_88
Am I the only person who thinks this is kind of realistic? Many college DCs complain that they don't have time to get their calls in. It bothers me, but it's realistic.
It's not realistic at all. First, the no huddle team gets set unrealistically fast, even the 360lb lineman 15yds down field with minimal fatigue to slow them down. 2nd the play art sometimes pops up instantly like it should, and sometimes it doesn't pop up till the ball is snapped getting in the way of the game play (obvious glitch). 3rd, most teams nowadays IRL do not struggle with play calling vs the no huddle, they practice for it over and over. With this glitch everyone gets crippled.
Old 07-20-2013, 12:43 AM   #55
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
is this really a viable fix?

as i've said, I've avoided opening this game b/c in the past I'v tried to look past issues and jsut become frustrated.
It could very well be a placebo effect, but I do find it happening less frequently when I do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
Tried that once and it selected the X play blindly - not a good result.
Yeah this happened to me a couple of times early on, but now that I'm used to it, I slow down tapping when I feel that the screen will come up. I should've mentioned that in my initial post, sorry about that.

Watch me play video games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 11:02 PM   #56
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

Anyone have any updates as to if this issue will be fixed for PS3 users? I'm borderline on purchasing the game this year and this issue is bothering me.

Quote:
Some of the noticeable issues I ran into with the game primarily came up with the no huddle offense. During times when running this offense there will be a delay at times in the play choices, especially when playing defense against it. If you don’t react quick enough, it will leave you feeling like you barely have any time to call a defense. Granted the no huddle offense is supposed to make it tough on defenses, because of its uptempo speed that makes it harder to get plays/substitutions, but this was almost ridiculous at times.

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.

Last edited by bruinkid626; 07-25-2013 at 11:24 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »