Home

Default AA: Can it be a challenge?

This is a discussion on Default AA: Can it be a challenge? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Default AA: Can it be a challenge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I'm glad you posted this, i was playing last night, and until i get ready to jump into my dynasty, all i play is NE vs. NE games. I've been playing default AA also.

When the game dropped friday, i was initially getting railed by the cpu, i couldn't stop them at all. Now i've worked my way up being able to go on the road at NEB and win the games.

Last night i felt i pretty much dominated the game, however it was a 10-7 for me.

When i looked at the stats, i couldn't help but feel satisfied with what i was seeing on the screen, all but TOP. I had them there, which, is another area, the cpu used to be able to out due me in.

I'm still playing 5 min quarters, in your games posted, how many minutes are you playing?

I came here today to try to figure out what i might want to do slider wise.

Decrease my run block, although i only ran for 66 total.
Decrease my run D, although the cpu was at a comparable stat rushing.
Decrease my tackling, which actually might be my ideal.

It just seems to me the computer plays it different game to game, maybe they get hot, maybe cold. Maybe it's the cpu's day that day?

One thing i've seemed to notice, if your D gets hot, or you get a hot player offensively, that Really tends to stand out this year.
The LSU vs Arkansas game was 7 min quarters, same thing with the ULL vs LSU, and then the GT game I got stomped in was 8 min quarters, which is where I'm thinking will be the sweet spot for realistic amount of plays per game for both teams.

I agree Husker, I think the CPU plays differently each separate game. Play the same two teams in the same conditions back to back multiple games and I bet money the CPU feels stronger or weaker in each match.

Now what creates this and why is a entire other discussion.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

What I did like about the game I played on AA was the CPU strategy. Heisman drives me nuts with the 62-yard field goal attempts and always going for it on fourth down inside the 20-yard line. On AA, they punt the ball and will take the FG on 4th-and-3 from the 17 instead of going for it.

I really don't want to play the slider game this year. I'll run a few more games on default AA (7 min. quarters) and see what the results are. My gut tells me that to stay at this level I'd have to drop HUM Def. sliders down to 25 across the board to get the CPU back on an even playing field.

AA is perfect for me on offense, though. I use the Zoom camera, too, so that adds in a nice layer of difficulty to the passing game.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
What I did like about the game I played on AA was the CPU strategy. Heisman drives me nuts with the 62-yard field goal attempts and always going for it on fourth down inside the 20-yard line. On AA, they punt the ball and will take the FG on 4th-and-3 from the 17 instead of going for it.

I really don't want to play the slider game this year. I'll run a few more games on default AA (7 min. quarters) and see what the results are. My gut tells me that to stay at this level I'd have to drop HUM Def. sliders down to 25 across the board to get the CPU back on an even playing field.

AA is perfect for me on offense, though. I use the Zoom camera, too, so that adds in a nice layer of difficulty to the passing game.
Yea i don't want to play the slider game this year either for the most part, if I absolutely have to I will but I'd rather just switch it to AA and get good competitive games from the CPU. I can dream right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #12
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Generally speaking, this year excluded, i can easily identify 1 specific area i'm needing a fair slider adjustment. Last year it was my pass d that needed the big one.

I hate messing with the sliders also, and i feel this year, i can get away with one click either direction, and i really only like messing with hum sliders if i can get away with it. I know i can this year.

So, without starting a riot, because this seems to be the best place to ask with how the boards are this year, any thoughts on how the sliders are working?

The only think i want to do, is reduce hum tackling 1 click, and i think this gets me where i need to be.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #13
Rookie

Nextel Husker's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't think default AA will be challenging once you get the true hang of the game. The first few games, sure, but after like five, you'll own the CPU with relatively equal teams on AA, IMO. I've toned down my QBA and run block, and upped the CPU's offensive abilities a little.

Ultimately, I want to have good, close games when playing pretty equal teams, and right now, I'm easily winning. Examples: UTEP 35, Colo St 14 and Wake 21, UVA 7. Both those games probably should have been closer IMO.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #14
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2
I found it to be inconsistent as well.

Played whole season as LSU w/ it. Destroyed Georgia and tamu (beat each by 21+) and held off late threats from UF & Bama.
but struggled massively with Old Dominion (replaced FCS team on sched 31-25 win), Tulane (replaced UAB in sched 31-21 win), TCU (last sec fg win) and State (14-11 win).
Chicago White Sox
Old 07-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #15
Tom Brady, L.O.A.T

urlacher51's Arena

OVR: 6

Hey dont know if you guys know this already but i just found this out yesterday,

Offensive skill decides how hard the cpu defense plays against your offense, so if u set it to Heisman that means the cpu defense will make it hard for u to move the ball on offense, where as if you play on varsity it will be easier for you to move the ball .

Defensive skill decides how hard the cpu offense plays against your defense,
so if u set it to Heisman that means the cpu offense will make it hard for u to stop them from moving the ball, where as if u set it to varsity your defense will have a easier time stoping the cpu offense.

Hope that helps.

Quote From one of EA Sports Game Changers
( None of us have the power to control when EA Sports will implement/fix/address things in their games after we suggest them)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #16
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Generally speaking, this year excluded, i can easily identify 1 specific area i'm needing a fair slider adjustment. Last year it was my pass d that needed the big one.

I hate messing with the sliders also, and i feel this year, i can get away with one click either direction, and i really only like messing with hum sliders if i can get away with it. I know i can this year.

So, without starting a riot, because this seems to be the best place to ask with how the boards are this year, any thoughts on how the sliders are working?

The only think i want to do, is reduce hum tackling 1 click, and i think this gets me where i need to be.
Well I can say with 100% certainty that Pass Coverage slider is reversed. So putting it at 25 for example makes it more difficult to pass than putting it at 75.

The only other guarantee in my eyes is I have to have CPU QB acc at 5. Anything above 5, and the CPU all too often seems to go 22-24, etc.

Other than that...the game's default settings are nice. However, I am playing the slider game this year for my offlline dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »