Home

The "I Just Played an Awesome Game" Thread

This is a discussion on The "I Just Played an Awesome Game" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #9
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: The "I Just Played an Awesome Game" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I would recommend using this thread, as its essentially the same thing

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-classics.html
Threads have been merged.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #10
Rookie

TheArsenologist's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Post your "Instant Classics"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle34
I was Auburn, playing in Death Valley (the real one) against LSU in Nick Marshall's 1st road start as QB. Early on, LSU just couldn't handle our tempo. After the 1st quarter we were up 24-7. Finally, Marshall succumbed to the combined pressure of the crowd and holding the lead.

I threw 4 int's in the second quarter. I had to bench him and put our sophomore Jonathan Wallace in. I traded Marshall's athleticism for his far better decision-making ability. At halftime we were up 24-14. For most of the 3rd quarter we slowed the tempo and played keepaway. My RB Tre Mason managed to score a TD. The "faux tigers" did, however kick two FGs.

Going into the fourth, the score was 31-20. Neither team could score until LSU's RB Alfred Blue ran a 30-yd draw play in with slightly over 3:00 remaining. We ran the clock down to 1:00 before having to punt. They weren't ready to lose quite yet. It takes them 30 seconds to get to our 26 yard line. I drop into a Cover 4 leaving the middle open and they get down to our 11.

They spike it. 2nd down. Mettenberger floats a pass up to his TE and it's swatted by my safety. 3rd down. Time for only two plays left. I roll the dice with a CB blitz and Mettenberger gets blindsided! They're forced to use their final timeout with 0:05 left. After the sack, backup Stephen Rivers has to come in to run the final play of the game. He takes the snap, throws a laser to Odell Beckham, and Beckham tries to take it in but gets DENIED by LB Kris Frost! GAME OVER!

Final Score- Auburn:31
LSU :27

Player of the Game: Tre Mason - 20 car, 97 yds, TD; 5 rec, 50 yds, TD
Great game...but I am very concerned about AI decision making if they did not go for 2 to make it 31-28 instead of 31-27. That's a huge mistake in programming IMO. Definitely ruins some of the fun if it happens regularly. Way to hang on at LSU, though.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #11
Rookie

Eagle34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Post your "Instant Classics"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArsenologist
Great game...but I am very concerned about AI decision making if they did not go for 2 to make it 31-28 instead of 31-27. That's a huge mistake in programming IMO. Definitely ruins some of the fun if it happens regularly. Way to hang on at LSU, though.
Hey, it was Les Miles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #12
Rookie

thehoagster07's Arena

Last night I played a 2014 matchup - #2 Virginia Tech vs #3 Ohio State season opener at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore.

This was a rematch of the 2013 National Championship, where Ohio State beat me in overtime 34-31. I lost the toss and started on offense in overtime that game. Picked up a quick first down and then dropped 3 straight passes and had to settle for a field goal. Ohio State scored a TD on their first offensive play to win.

This year, it was time for my revenge. Gone was my senior QB Logan Thomas, and in was redshirt freshman Branden Motley (note - I downgraded current backup QB Mark Leal's ratings to similar levels to Motley...no idea how he was an 88). I had a rough first few series with Motley, throwing a pick 6 and fumbling a speed option. I went into halftime down 21-7 and my chances of beating Ohio State looked pretty dim.

JC Coleman returned the second half opening kickoff to the Ohio State 30 and I quickly made it 21-14. I got a defensive stop and kicked a field goal to make it 21-17. We traded TD's for 3 straight drives after that, but fortunately for me, they missed an extra point on one of them, so I found myself down 41-38 with the ball with about 30 seconds left on my own 30 yard line. After 2 shortish passes, I had 17 seconds and 55 yards to go.

Enter Demitri Knowles. He progressed to 99 speed and acceleration over the offseason. I ran a slant across the middle, hit Knowles in stride and he picked up a key block from TE Ryan Malleck and was gone. 45-41 with 8 seconds left. The Ohio State return man broke some tackles and was surely going to break one for a TD to defeat me at the final whistle, but I got a shoestring tackle by reserve LB Josh Trimble at the VT 41 yard line with 1 second left. Ohio State threw up a hail mary, which was picked off in the end zone by sophomore CB Kendall Fuller, sealing the comeback victory and helping to avenge my National Championship Game loss from the previous year.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:13 PM   #13
Rookie

Last night I was doing a ranked match and was down 7-21 at one point and was able to make a comeback and off an INT before the half go up 31-28. The second half was a fist fight in a phone booth and in the 4th he went up 35-31. I had about 2 minutes to drive down field and score but threw a pick. I thought it was over but on first down he tried to run outside and I stopped him for a loss of about 4 yards and on 2nd down I sacked him which set up 3rd and 17. He throws a pick to me around my own 30 yard line. With no timeouts and about 40 seconds on the clock I get two deep passes and get to his 2 yard line. Punch in the TD to go up 38-35 with about 11 seconds left.

It was one of the best online games I've ever played. Kudos to BillieJean or whatever his GT was.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoagster07
Last night I played a 2014 matchup - #2 Virginia Tech vs #3 Ohio State season opener at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore.

This was a rematch of the 2013 National Championship, where Ohio State beat me in overtime 34-31. I lost the toss and started on offense in overtime that game. Picked up a quick first down and then dropped 3 straight passes and had to settle for a field goal. Ohio State scored a TD on their first offensive play to win.

This year, it was time for my revenge. Gone was my senior QB Logan Thomas, and in was redshirt freshman Branden Motley (note - I downgraded current backup QB Mark Leal's ratings to similar levels to Motley...no idea how he was an 88). I had a rough first few series with Motley, throwing a pick 6 and fumbling a speed option. I went into halftime down 21-7 and my chances of beating Ohio State looked pretty dim.

JC Coleman returned the second half opening kickoff to the Ohio State 30 and I quickly made it 21-14. I got a defensive stop and kicked a field goal to make it 21-17. We traded TD's for 3 straight drives after that, but fortunately for me, they missed an extra point on one of them, so I found myself down 41-38 with the ball with about 30 seconds left on my own 30 yard line. After 2 shortish passes, I had 17 seconds and 55 yards to go.

Enter Demitri Knowles. He progressed to 99 speed and acceleration over the offseason. I ran a slant across the middle, hit Knowles in stride and he picked up a key block from TE Ryan Malleck and was gone. 45-41 with 8 seconds left. The Ohio State return man broke some tackles and was surely going to break one for a TD to defeat me at the final whistle, but I got a shoestring tackle by reserve LB Josh Trimble at the VT 41 yard line with 1 second left. Ohio State threw up a hail mary, which was picked off in the end zone by sophomore CB Kendall Fuller, sealing the comeback victory and helping to avenge my National Championship Game loss from the previous year.
I bet that final kickoff was terrifying! Lol
Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #15
Pro

jackster802's Arena

I was doing play a season as Florida and I was playing LSU. We were matching each others scores and then I went up with 15 seconds left and missed the extra point (I sim them) and LSU takes the ensuing kick return all the way back. So I thought I lost and sim their extra point also. They missed it too! We went through 7 overtimes always matching the others points until Mettenberger threw a pick and I kicked the game winning field goal.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #16
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29
Holy crap! 7 OTs!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »