Home

Swat button not working?

This is a discussion on Swat button not working? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Swat button not working?

Anybody else having issues with the swat button? When I press L1 (Ps3) it never seems to work. I'd take control of my MLB an when they throw slants my guy just stands there. Is there a trick!?

Last edited by P4L1; 07-12-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Swat button not working?

It seems to me that this year to user catch, swat, or pick you have to switch to the player earlier and hold the button instead of press it.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #3
Rookie

kmp714's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm am having trouble with the swat button as well. It doesn't seem to be working at all for me. Help!
Old 07-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

I liked the mechanic of user-catching/swatting better last gen.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
MVP

mjavon's Arena

Yes. This happens because in older games, you would switch players but the user would often be pressing the stick in a different direction (because they were controlling someone else previously), causing the defensive back to sometimes run the wrong direction. This year they implemented a delay when you switch players to prevent that from happening. The fallout is not being able to switch players to swat/intercept in a quick fashion. I would recommend just leaving it to the AI on short passes and bullets because you'll never be able to react in time due to the delay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamantic
I liked the mechanic of user-catching/swatting better last gen.
I still use Y and it works for me, I forgot there was a swat button... Is it for when you cant make the pick but can swat it?
Old 07-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
Yes. This happens because in older games, you would switch players but the user would often be pressing the stick in a different direction (because they were controlling someone else previously), causing the defensive back to sometimes run the wrong direction. This year they implemented a delay when you switch players to prevent that from happening. The fallout is not being able to switch players to swat/intercept in a quick fashion. I would recommend just leaving it to the AI on short passes and bullets because you'll never be able to react in time due to the delay.
And right here you highlighted a key difference between last-gen and current-gen. Last-gen you were in complete control of your team. You could quickly switch to players and swat balls. Quick reaction time is part of the fun of playing ncaa football games. It took skill. You could take control of guys and use your skill to find ways to win. And it was very instinctual. Now since it is so much more clunky on current-gen, they had to implement a delay in swatting after switching players. On last-gen, the swats looked right. they took realistic angles when swatting. it really allowed you to play defense and pass defend. you weren't ever constantly frustrated that you couldn't do what you wanted to do.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:48 PM   #8
Rookie

Your timing has to be right or nothing happens. Its like when you hit the interception button too early, your guy does nothing. I like this years swat. Instead of previous years (sorry if I'm late, didn't play 13) where the guy leaps up and bats or just puts his hand out, this year guys go all out for a swat. For instance a guy was trailing a receiver and I hit L1 when the ball was thrown, he dived like 5 yards to swat the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »