Home

Man Defense & The QB Spy

This is a discussion on Man Defense & The QB Spy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #9
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Man Defense & The QB Spy

For the user the spy doesn't work as it should, when the user is on offense and the cpu has a spy on you or or the contain qb set to aggressive as soon as you start running toward the LOS the spy or the closest zone defender rockets toward you and its very effective.

On the user team, your defensive players won't start moving toward the qb until he is well beyond the LOS, making it almost useless.

Last edited by prototype561; 07-13-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:43 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Why is it that no matter who I play, my CB's are getting burned constantly? I can stop the computer first and second down but on third, no matter what play I pick, the computer WILL get the first down. Defense has never been a problem of mine, but I CANNOT get stops. Anyone have any tips for me? I know X's and O's and when to call certain plays but I just have no luck. I've mostly abandoned zone plays because they don't seem to work at all.

Another thing, I just lost a game because of the QB spy. I had a double spy on Devin Gardner on 3 and 8 and he rolls and and scrambles. Both of my LB's strafe sideways but don't attack until he was over the first down line. the spy seems mostly useless since thy wait until the QB is right on top of them.
What team are you and how good are your Corners. You can't expect to shut the other team down if your corners are doodoo.

2020: 52-39
Old 07-13-2013, 01:59 AM   #11
Rookie

PDOGEMP 88's Arena

OVR: 3

i lost a game to Purdue because i had QB Spy on their QB and my Guy just let him Run all over the place, also i Can't get a Pass Rush to save my a$$.
their QB has All Day throwing the Ball, my CB's don't Cover their WR'S and i can stop them on 1st and 2nd but Not on 3rd or 4th.

i hope EA Fixes this soon

Last edited by PDOGEMP 88; 07-13-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Why is it that no matter who I play, my CB's are getting burned constantly? I can stop the computer first and second down but on third, no matter what play I pick, the computer WILL get the first down. Defense has never been a problem of mine, but I CANNOT get stops. Anyone have any tips for me? I know X's and O's and when to call certain plays but I just have no luck. I've mostly abandoned zone plays because they don't seem to work at all.

Another thing, I just lost a game because of the QB spy. I had a double spy on Devin Gardner on 3 and 8 and he rolls and and scrambles. Both of my LB's strafe sideways but don't attack until he was over the first down line. the spy seems mostly useless since thy wait until the QB is right on top of them.
Control the spy man, on 3rd down spy with a DT and cover the middle I would say, or shade a TE as they always beat LBs. Another thing is on passing downs is you could pick the dime package with 2 LBs and 3 down linemen, pick the 2 man play and instead of blitzing that one LB spy him and control him.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #13
Rookie

And I'm pretty sure you can change your defensive strategy to have your players attack a scrambler instead of staying in coverage
Old 07-13-2013, 05:16 AM   #14
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
If you're playing 90+ offenses with scrambling quarterbacks I doubt it. I don't give up many points, but I give up a lot of yards

You can doubt it all you want, I play deep coverage so I don't get beat deep. They throw it short and we make the tackle is all. Once in a while I get beat deep, but that happens.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:29 AM   #15
Pro

thbends's Arena

OVR: 9

Would your coach strategy have any effect on the aggressiveness of your players? I know it has to do with your play calling style but does it also effect how your players play? Conservative or aggressive.
I restarted my dynasty tonight and this time I chose to go 60/40 aggressive in my play calling style. Maybe it's not connected but the only game I have played in my dynasty my players were kicking serious A--.
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
MLB: Texas Rangers
NCAA: Baylor

Producer/Graphic Artist/Animator-CBS

Last edited by thbends; 07-13-2013 at 05:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 10:03 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
You can doubt it all you want, I play deep coverage so I don't get beat deep. They throw it short and we make the tackle is all. Once in a while I get beat deep, but that happens.
Are you playing on Heisman? My online dynasty plays on Heisman and none of us can stop any cpu quarterback from having a 85-90% completion rate. The DB's seem to stop or pause while the ball is in the air.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »