Home

Man Defense & The QB Spy

This is a discussion on Man Defense & The QB Spy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: Man Defense & The QB Spy

I cant say I've had this issue. I'm playing as Texas State, and I can get great pressure on the QB (I dont always get the sack and sometimes I do get burned) but for the most part when I pick the right play (I love zone blizting) I'm successful. Granted TxSt didn't have the hardest schedule, but this year I plugged in Bama, ND, Auburn, & Louisville just to see if I could be competitive.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

QB's definitely gain major yards. I have to qb spy and change DL to contain. I use player lock and end up switching to spy if the qb really gets going.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #19
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImReady77
Are you playing on Heisman? My online dynasty plays on Heisman and none of us can stop any cpu quarterback from having a 85-90% completion rate. The DB's seem to stop or pause while the ball is in the air.

I never play online, way to many problems there. To many stories about servers being down, coach experience not working, stats not recording and having to play games over again. I just stick to offline and not worry about all that stuff.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #20
Banned

How about stunting your dline mane outside and controling the middle line back on qb spy plays..on defenseive plays other than spy control your safety or a dlineman. Also, research your competition. Also, with your corners, do not play them close to the line if the opposing team wrs are big and can get off the line easy. If your dealing with small speedster wrs you want to mix it up especially if your cornerbacks are big and fast as well. I just thought I would weigh in on a few tips. The key is to know your competition especially the individual players at qb, rb, wr, and dbs
Old 07-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #21
Pro

majesty95's Arena

OVR: 18
Have you tried putting QB contain to aggressive?

Twitter - Twitch - Facebook - Website
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 02:16 PM   #22
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
Good posts in here. Another thing that gets on my nerves is the animation where the computer runs an additional 10 yards with one or two guys hanging on to him for a first down on 3rd and 10 situations. That's a whole other conversation though. Conservative strip ball and big hits doesn't make much of a difference
Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 1

Make sure you are not selecting the spy plays that have press coverage built in
Old 07-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #24
Rookie

I dont seem to have the problems you guys are having, I'm playing a Hiesman dynasty with Syracuse and I'm 3-1 with the 25th ranked D on 6 min qrts. I use a lot of Quarters man under on third and long and dont seem to have much of a problem stopping them. I mix up putting my safties in purple and yellow zones and user the other safty. What ever you do dont press them bc the cpu will just find the guy who beat the press and throw it over the top against him. I do zone blitz and man blitz every once in a while to mix it up. I think mixing it up is the key this year. I do switch to the spy guy when the QB passes the line of scrimmage and I usually hit stick him so maybe thats the key.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »