Home

DROPPED BALLS!!

This is a discussion on DROPPED BALLS!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #17
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: DROPPED BALLS!!

ncaa always has way too many drops. people on here will be like "oh i ONLY drop 6 passes a game" but do you really think thats normal? i watch football a lot and i hardly ever see one team drop 5 passes. also, the drops in the game usually happen when the player is wide open. its just weird. i always boost the catching up to 55 or 60.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:42 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

The dropped ball has been EA's answer to get QB pass completion percentage to a respectable. They've yet to figure out how to code passing so that there's more passes that are just out of reach and fall to the ground. Easier to just have the receivers drop passes.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:44 PM   #19
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah my balls dropped a few years ago. This has been an issue since NCAA 2008/9.

Last edited by BigMoneyAllDay; 07-16-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #20
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
ncaa always has way too many drops. people on here will be like "oh i ONLY drop 6 passes a game" but do you really think thats normal? i watch football a lot and i hardly ever see one team drop 5 passes. also, the drops in the game usually happen when the player is wide open. its just weird. i always boost the catching up to 55 or 60.

Yes, I absolutely think its normal. I watched a college football game last year where the away team had 7.

6 was the most I've seen in one game, not the average. That's with Army, my highest catch rating right now is 75. Sounds about right to me.

I have this argument every year. People don't realize how often drops actually happen in real life. Boosting catching to 55 or 60 would make me never have to punt. Part of the problem is drops that seem wide open to you wouldn't be in real life. Passes you can force into zones in the game wouldn't happen in real life because a defender would be waiting to earhole the guy as soon as he touched the ball. The game doesn't handle this realistically, so the criteria has to change

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.

Last edited by The JareBear; 07-13-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #21
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared52
The dropped ball has been EA's answer to get QB pass completion percentage to a respectable. They've yet to figure out how to code passing so that there's more passes that are just out of reach and fall to the ground. Easier to just have the receivers drop passes.
I agree with this. Until they redo the entire passing mechanic I will be happy with one more drop a game than the real life average in order to achieve realistic results.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

BEST. TITLE. EVER.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:40 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10

Noticed I had more drops when I try to move the RS too soon after a catch. I liken this to running before securing the ball
Old 07-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

I don't have an issue with the number of drops overall I just wish how they were determined was more realistic. I do see too many dropped passes on wide open routes and too many catches in traffic. Cut down (dont eliminate) the open drops and increase then number of drops when hit would make this much more realistic.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »