Home

Best Recruit(s) You've Gotten so Far

This is a discussion on Best Recruit(s) You've Gotten so Far within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2013, 01:54 AM   #73
Pro

jackster802's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best Recruit(s) You've Gotten so Far

Every year, I repeatedly get a 79-81 OVR ATH who is a great QB. The game isnt as random as I thought it was. And most of the time, I can get them without even trying because the CPU teams dont recruit half the 4 and 5 star players. Recruiting has become super easy and I get pretty much the same players every year.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #74
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
I wouldn't be surprised if it was harder difficulty..returning is incredibly easy in this years game with anyone that has high speed.
It was a joke buddy
Old 07-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #75
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0

Got the #1 RB in the nation in my second season at Georgia Southern.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #76
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
Best recruit I have found so far is an ATH that was rated 80 overall. Why was he the best though?

90 speed
89 acceleration
80 catch
89 spec catch
83 trucking
79 elusive
80 break tackle
90 throw power
83 throw accuracy

He is literally interchangeable at any skill position on offense.

Need a HB sure 80 rated freshman HB, need a WR? Why not an 81 overall WR. Qb just graduated? Take this 80 overall super agile and accurate QB.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #77
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

On NCAA14, mine would have to be Frank 'Boom Boom' Powell, an ATH who came in around 80 overall in my Wyoming dynasty. He's 6'1 225lbs, has around 85 at all pass covering ratings, including press, currently is a 94 ovr WR his junior year. He has 99 elusiveness, 94 speed, high agility and move ratings, obviously high catching. So we have here a really good receiver and defensive back.. not bad! Those are a dime a dozen though.. what makes 'Boom Boom Powell' special is that he can pass! Came in as a freshman with 89 throw power and 80 accuracy!

He has played the following positions for my team since his first game:

Starting Wide Receiver
Nickel Cornerback
Holder
Kick Returner
Punt Returner
Backup QB

He does tire out and have to miss a play or 2, but he has 90+ stamina so most of the time he is good to go. Sometimes he will return a kick.. then catch a touchdown pass.. hold the extra point.. and make the tackle on special teams.. then swat down a pass on defense! He is unbelievable!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #78
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackster802
Every year, I repeatedly get a 79-81 OVR ATH who is a great QB. The game isnt as random as I thought it was. And most of the time, I can get them without even trying because the CPU teams dont recruit half the 4 and 5 star players. Recruiting has become super easy and I get pretty much the same players every year.
This. Don't get me wrong, I really like a lot of things about the new recruiting. But I don't understand some of the ratings for 4 and 5* ATH, and why these players are often neglected by the major programs. It's almost like the CPU schools are programmed to recruit "needs", and obviously, an ATH doesn't address a need unless you figure out where he's going to play.

It strikes me as absurd how accurate some of these ATH quarterbacks are. If you really had all the physical tools that these guys have as freshman, AND you were like an 89 THP/80 THA, wouldn't you just be a 5* QB recruit?

I'm recruiting with 3-star prestige SMU. I didn't have a serious need for a QB, but I looked around. I had only tepid interest from a few 3* QB's, and they had pass ratings of like 77/72 or something. Then I checked ATH and there were probably a dozen guys with better passing ratings that weren't touched. It sort of breaks an otherwise good system of recruiting.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #79
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3

watched my friend pull the #1 QB with Tulane in his first offseason.. the guy had 0 offers smh

ended up being 81 ovr
Old 07-24-2013, 10:44 AM   #80
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

As South Alabama, in year 1 I snagged a 5* ATH... in year 2 he starts at QB even tho his ovr (78) is 2 points lower than a RS Senior (80) (due to low awareness) and he's also my #3 CB where i believe he is around.. 70-72 ovr?

BEAST!!!
Lead us to a 7-6 season his freshman year...and that is as far as i have simmed (i'm just recruiting and simming)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »