Home

Lack of fumbles

This is a discussion on Lack of fumbles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2013, 11:14 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Lack of fumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsamuels01
honestly, being just graduated from highschool and playing football all for years, fumbles happen... but not that much... the most fumbles you get are from messed up snaps, but other than that people don't drop the rock as much as you guys think they do.
Take a look at the NCAA website, specifically this http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/f...t/team/1046/p2. The rough average per team in terms of fumbles lost (note that is lost, which doesn't include fumbles recovered by the offense) was around 12 or 13. That is one lost fumble on average per team each game. Most of the numbers posted in this thread are nowhere near that.

College players, more so than NFL players, have a tendency to get very careless with the ball. College defenders are also better at stripping the ball, than what you experienced in high school ball.

Editing the Ball Carry rating for players lower could possibly do the trick, even though it is extra work.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

Last edited by mgoblue678; 07-14-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
honestly, being just graduated from highschool and playing football all for years, fumbles happen... but not that much... the most fumbles you get are from messed up snaps, but other than that people don't drop the rock as much as you guys think they do.
Lol we are talking college not high school kid. No one here is asking for 5 or 6 fumbles a game. Read the thread it's guys here that have played 10,20,30 games and haven't seen one fumble from a hb or wr. Now I know you got to admit there is something wrong with that.
LA DODGERS
Old 07-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #51
Rookie

Captain_Crazzzy's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Numbers don't lie my friend
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat boi Q
Lol we are talking college not high school kid. No one here is asking for 5 or 6 fumbles a game. Read the thread it's guys here that have played 10,20,30 games and haven't seen one fumble from a hb or wr. Now I know you got to admit there is something wrong with that.
exactly my point they are better in college football they are gonna hold onto the ball. you guys say the average for a team is 12 fumbles a season, right? so that means those 12 fumbles must be from the running back? who's to say that the running back has to drop the ball? he cant go a season without fumbling? that doesn't seem impossible/unrealistic to me. im tellin you half of those fumbles are bad snaps and muffed punts. http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...umble-category if you look at this the position that has the most fumbles is qb. yeah there are some running backs that fumbled the ball alot but the quarterbacks were dropping it the most.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:38 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
exactly my point they are better in college football they are gonna hold onto the ball. you guys say the average for a team is 12 fumbles a season, right? so that means those 12 fumbles must be from the running back? who's to say that the running back has to drop the ball? he cant go a season without fumbling? that doesn't seem impossible/unrealistic to me. im tellin you half of those fumbles are bad snaps and muffed punts. http://www.teamrankings.com/college-...umble-category if you look at this the position that has the most fumbles is qb. yeah there are some running backs that fumbled the ball alot but the quarterbacks were dropping it the most.
You seem to be missing our point. You are talking about fumbling some of the time. In the 30 something games I have played with low rated players and high rated players. Play now,UT,dynasty I have seen 0 0 0 fumbles from a hb or wr. Now if you can defend that then I give up good day to you sir.
And am not bashing the game matter of fact I love this game. And am not going to stop playing cause I am throwing enough ints to make up for them anyway
LA DODGERS
Old 07-14-2013, 11:52 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Keep in mind that 12 number is fumbles lost, which doesn't include balls put on the ground, but recovered by the offense. That number probably doubles if you include balls put on the ground but recovered by the offense.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 07-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #55
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

As I've gotten deeper into my dynasty (halfway through 2nd season), I will say that I wouldn't mind the fumble rate increased *slightly*, but my fear is that EA will overcompensate. The only way I'd be in favor of an adjustment by EA would be via the implementation of a fumble slider (one that would work lol)
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 12:00 AM   #56
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
As I've gotten deeper into my dynasty (halfway through 2nd season), I will say that I wouldn't mind the fumble rate increased *slightly*, but my fear is that EA will overcompensate. The only way I'd be in favor of an adjustment by EA would be via the implementation of a fumble slider (one that would work lol)
I hear you man. Madden 13 had a fumble slider and it worked goo for me. I to am afraid of them overcompensating and go 0 fumbles a game to 10.
LA DODGERS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »