Home

Toss Sweep

This is a discussion on Toss Sweep within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
Toss Sweep

Anyone have an issue when running a standard sweep play, likely out of the I or offset I formations, involving momentum lost once the running back receives the pitch - he stops and loses all momentum?? It really kills the play.

Other topics I wanted to hit on from what I've read around here:

Fumbles (lack of): I haven't experienced this. In fact, I'm pleased with the number of them. I've seen a fumble in 2 out of the three complete games i've played. Last thing I want is another NCAA 08 fumble fest.

Defense: This year you have to pay attention to the defense your in and what the CPU does at pre-snap. If you feel there are too many broken tackles, we have sliders to work with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Toss Sweep

I really have problems with outside running unless my RB is fast enough to be able to break to the outside and outrun the defenders. If I try to use my bruiser backs, they just can't seem to get to the edge and the defenders chase him down. Just the weirdest thing. Obviously a glitch.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popa721
I really have problems with outside running unless my RB is fast enough to be able to break to the outside and outrun the defenders. If I try to use my bruiser backs, they just can't seem to get to the edge and the defenders chase him down. Just the weirdest thing. Obviously a glitch.
How is this a glitch? A toss is built for speedy runners. It's dependent on getting to the edge before the defenders do.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:35 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Some games the toss works and then others it sucks. For instance I had a game I ran it about 20 times and it got 5-20 yards every play. Then the next game the same toss got shutdown versus and equal opponent.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

What speed do you play on? I was experiencing this when I played on fast, I changed the speed to normal and it seems to have eliminated the problem
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #6
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

I don't have a problem with fumbles either

I run toss a few times a game and it works for the most part

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #7
Rookie

JoedicyMichael's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiterateoption
Involving momentum lost once the running back receives the pitch - he stops and loses all momentum?? It really kills the play.
From my understanding and own experience I do find it weird, but in fact Ive only had this problem with my receivers catching wide open balls. They would stop and then take a second to regain speed, even with balls thrown in stride. Best bet is to change your speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popa721
For the most part, just set up your blockers before sprinting. Also, sweeps with 3 blockers out of a tight formation is automatic yards gained.... Everytime lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
What speed do you play on? I was experiencing this when I played on fast, I changed the speed to normal and it seems to have eliminated the problem
Exactly my thought too. Great observation!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »