Home

Is Zone Really Broken...?

This is a discussion on Is Zone Really Broken...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is Zone Really Broken...?

It's not broken, not even close to broken. You got some people saying it's broken and some saying it's not. So you got to look at this way. If some people are having success with it then it can't be broken. Plus are you playing online or off, because online has more problems then the guys playing offline.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
i guarantee i can go 10-10 with over 100 yards. Playing on Heisman. Pass coverage at 85. QB accuracy at 5. Ill put 9 guys in coverage and the cpu will complete 70% of its passes. Dont try and give me this bull**** that i cant play D. Yeah there are deflections and INT's. Buts because the CPU making a bad decision not the user making a good one. Plenty of times i have seen my DB take 5+ steps down field after a receiver comes back to the ball. Ive had them just stand in place while the receiver attempts to catch it. But nope youre right i cant ****ing play D.
You make that happen and I'll concede to you that defense is broken. Take pictures of your slider changes and pictures of you and the CPUs statline..

If you're right, I'll admit it and come out and say defense is broken.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:28 AM   #11
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
You make that happen and I'll concede to you that defense is broken. Take pictures of your slider changes and pictures of you and the CPUs statline..

If you're right, I'll admit it and come out and say defense is broken.
It may not be broken. It has issues. And im more pissed now because it cost me a game. Part of it could be because i have no time to set up my D when the CPU uses no huddle. But 9 out of 10 times a MLB or a safety dont react fast enough. i know they are slower than most WR's. But a coroner route gets open almost every time.

I can also have a flat, purple, and a safety deep and if a WR runs a streak the purple is to low and the safety doesnt move to cover the WR fast enough.

Ball hawk is another problem to me. It was fine last year. Ive seen tons of people complain about it in madden last year. There seems to be a delay from when i press/hold triangle to when i actually jump. Same for swatting.

Allow us to choose plays faster when CPU no huddles, and improve the reaction time of the defenders. And then i think it will the best NCAA ever on current gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 09:31 AM   #12
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
It may not be broken. It has issues. And im more pissed now because it cost me a game. Part of it could be because i have no time to set up my D when the CPU uses no huddle. But 9 out of 10 times a MLB or a safety dont react fast enough. i know they are slower than most WR's. But a coroner route gets open almost every time.

I can also have a flat, purple, and a safety deep and if a WR runs a streak the purple is to low and the safety doesnt move to cover the WR fast enough.

Ball hawk is another problem to me. It was fine last year. Ive seen tons of people complain about it in madden last year. There seems to be a delay from when i press/hold triangle to when i actually jump. Same for swatting.

Allow us to choose plays faster when CPU no huddles, and improve the reaction time of the defenders. And then i think it will the best NCAA ever on current gen.
See, this post I can somewhat agree with. There are issues like not being able to pick your D fast enough on CPU no huddle plays.

But to say defense as a whole is broken is just too far fetched and over used at this point. It really is all about matchups. If you're guys aren't good coverage defenders, you're going to get burnt, and burnt bad.

Play an exhibition game, Alabama against a terrible school. I guarantee you won't have these defense issues cause Alabama is a superior team
Old 07-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 1

whether broke or not, it is very inconsistent and there are holes everywhere. You can play cover 6 and the middle of the field seems to be open every play. I think it is very poor right now. IMO.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:38 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm not sure how that even makes sense. If that were the case, there would never be interceptions or pass deflections, and I see plenty of those.

This whole broken word being tossed around about this game is almost out of hand at this point. Defense isn't broken, coverage is fine to me and most others who actually know how to play defense. If EA patches the D and makes it worse, it will only be because of people like this complaining it doesn't work right because they don't know how to play it correctly.
Ok I played with Washington and Keith Price was 20/22 and threw for 315 yards. The guy I played against completed 13/15 passes with Marriota of Oregon. And yes I lost the game.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
It's not broken I have played plenty of great defensive games.. On occasion the defense is a little whacky but it's definitely not broken..

Online wise with EA sliders set is broken though right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #16
Banned

Just saying if online zone coverage is broken and pass coverage doesn't work properly I will wait until it is patched and just play offline with a good slider set to my liking..

I just hope if they patch it they don't make interceptions and pick 6 become too frequent like past NCAA games
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »