Home

Is Zone Really Broken...?

This is a discussion on Is Zone Really Broken...? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Is Zone Really Broken...?

Sorry if this has been posted I don't really scroll and flip through the pages like should.

Okay so I just picked up the game and only played one game so before I blame or point fingers at the gameplay and say "the zone is broken" I want someone to confirm that it is really broken or not..?

The game I played when I played the zone like cover 3 and cover 4 it had zero to little effect on defense when I played. I'm not sure if it's my opponent's playcalling or if it's really broken that is why I asked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Is Zone Really Broken...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UWfan206
Sorry if this has been posted I don't really scroll and flip through the pages like should.

Okay so I just picked up the game and only played one game so before I blame or point fingers at the gameplay and say "the zone is broken" I want someone to confirm that it is really broken or not..?

The game I played when I played the zone like cover 3 and cover 4 it had zero to little effect on defense when I played. I'm not sure if it's my opponent's playcalling or if it's really broken that is why I asked.
Yes its broken. Pass coverage as a whole is broken. DB's refuse to react to almost anything. They are always 2+ steps behind..
Old 07-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Yes its broken. Pass coverage as a whole is broken. DB's refuse to react to almost anything. They are always 2+ steps behind..

Wow no wonder. And yes pass coverage does seem broken as a whole. Is this patchable...? Cause I know this will the game almost un-playbale or un-acceptable in my standard...
Old 07-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
I'm not sure how that even makes sense. If that were the case, there would never be interceptions or pass deflections, and I see plenty of those.

This whole broken word being tossed around about this game is almost out of hand at this point. Defense isn't broken, coverage is fine to me and most others who actually know how to play defense. If EA patches the D and makes it worse, it will only be because of people like this complaining it doesn't work right because they don't know how to play it correctly.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:06 AM   #5
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm not sure how that even makes sense. If that were the case, there would never be interceptions or pass deflections, and I see plenty of those.

This whole broken word being tossed around about this game is almost out of hand at this point. Defense isn't broken, coverage is fine to me and most others who actually know how to play defense. If EA patches the D and makes it worse, it will only be because of people like this complaining it doesn't work right because they don't know how to play it correctly.
i guarantee i can go 10-10 with over 100 yards. Playing on Heisman. Pass coverage at 85. QB accuracy at 5. Ill put 9 guys in coverage and the cpu will complete 70% of its passes. Dont try and give me this bull**** that i cant play D. Yeah there are deflections and INT's. Buts because the CPU making a bad decision not the user making a good one. Plenty of times i have seen my DB take 5+ steps down field after a receiver comes back to the ball. Ive had them just stand in place while the receiver attempts to catch it. But nope youre right i cant ****ing play D.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #6
Pro

C_Bailey24's Arena

Quote:
Pass coverage at 85. QB accuracy at 5.
I think it's been confirmed by the slider guys that the pass coverage slider is reversed. Put it at 15 or 10 and u should see better results...provided you're not calling 4 Verts every play.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #7
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
i guarantee i can go 10-10 with over 100 yards. Playing on Heisman. Pass coverage at 85. QB accuracy at 5. Ill put 9 guys in coverage and the cpu will complete 70% of its passes. Dont try and give me this bull**** that i cant play D. Yeah there are deflections and INT's. Buts because the CPU making a bad decision not the user making a good one. Plenty of times i have seen my DB take 5+ steps down field after a receiver comes back to the ball. Ive had them just stand in place while the receiver attempts to catch it. But nope youre right i cant ****ing play D.
It's not broken I have played plenty of great defensive games.. On occasion the defense is a little whacky but it's definitely not broken..
Old 07-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
It's not broken I have played plenty of great defensive games.. On occasion the defense is a little whacky but it's definitely not broken..
See you may be right. But to me anything that doesn't work right is broken. Just my opinion. If my lucky charms dont have enough marshmallows they are broken.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »