Home

Why is the CPU gameplan adjustments (Zone Coverage) set to aggressive in the 2nd half

This is a discussion on Why is the CPU gameplan adjustments (Zone Coverage) set to aggressive in the 2nd half within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
My play style (option run with a service academy) must be why I have not seen this issue.
If true, it's really disappointing.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why is the CPU gameplan adjustments (Zone Coverage) set to aggressive in the 2nd

That's EA for you..
Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
Rookie

hornfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Why is the CPU gameplan adjustments (Zone Coverage) set to aggressive in the 2nd

I agree with everything that has been said about the aggressive coverage. However, I don't think EA wants to change anything that would make it a less offensive game. Americans like scoring and the average, everyday gamer wants to put the game in, score some touchdowns, and call it a day. In order for us to have a college football game every year, EA has to sell games. I want a more sim based game like all of you, however, the average consumer wants an arcade type game. What I think EA should do is have an option for game types. I think 2K used to do that with their basketball games. You should be able to choose an arcade or sim based game style. That way, EA would please everyone. I just don't like to complain too much because I am just glad that we have a game to play every year and I worry that won't always be the case. I always feel that EA can do more than they are doing, especially with the presentation and QA side of things. However, I think a lot of that has to do with the one year development cycle. I wish they would go to a two year cycle with a one year update in between. Just my two cents....
Old 07-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #20
Reignman Baby!

SonicBoom2040's Arena

OVR: 2

Question is...if I change the difficulty in settings then does that mean I cant have human or cpu above varsity? Or can I just change one or the other? Is there any kind of workaround?
Old 07-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #21
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
When the cpu is set to aggressive zone, if causes the safeties to play shallow and focus on the underneath routes. They will move forward while the receiver blows by them.

Ok, but the video I watched a couple of days ago wasn't showing that. It was showing the safety starting one way and then when the guy through the ball the safety went the other towards the ball. If the glitch is what you guys are saying, then the guy who made the video didn't know what he was talking about.

I believe you guys here over what I saw, I was just looking to see if I could find a video on it. Thanks guys for clearing that up for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #22
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
This year not only the safety does it. Also the cb when is on deep coverage do this every now ans then.

Awful

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #23
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Ok, but the video I watched a couple of days ago wasn't showing that. It was showing the safety starting one way and then when the guy through the ball the safety went the other towards the ball. If the glitch is what you guys are saying, then the guy who made the video didn't know what he was talking about.

I believe you guys here over what I saw, I was just looking to see if I could find a video on it. Thanks guys for clearing that up for me.
I haven't seen this video, but it sounds like it could be what I described. The safety probably started going after a shallower route, and didn't react to the receiver running deep until the ball was passed. That is the main problem with aggressive zone.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #24
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strategizer
I haven't seen this video, but it sounds like it could be what I described. The safety probably started going after a shallower route, and didn't react to the receiver running deep until the ball was passed. That is the main problem with aggressive zone.

If the defense that was called is for the safety to come up then in no way is that a glitch, but in the case of the video I saw he just started towards the other side of the field. I play an aggressive zone and have no problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »