Home

The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

This is a discussion on The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #33
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

I totally agree we shouldn't have to do that, but I don't see anything else within our control to help correct the recruiting issue. Maxing the top 15-20 coaches may help or it may not I don't really know.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #34
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I don't think you guys are understanding. The reason theres so many 'untouched' 4 star recruits is because of what I said in my 1st post. EA didn't give the CPU the ability to distribute their points properly, which leaves tons of 4 star players unrecruited. If it weren't for that, they would be recruited as normal and there wouldn't need to be less 4 star players.

And don't give me that BS that the system isn't capable of giving the CPU the ability to spread out points or I will fire up my NCAA 09 for PS2 and show you how the CPU is able to properly distribute their points in last gen.
If EA had the CPU distribute their points accross the entire 35 man board the CPU puts together, they would never get any recruits aganst a user. Ever. I am not saying the system is perfect, but its better than them giving 300 to one guy and 150 to another. I think the best soution is to have the CPU max out on 4 or 5 stars and thengive only a few to 2 or 3 stars.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
So I purchased the dynasty time savers pack and now I can view how many points the CPU is putting into all their players on their recruiting board. I can confirm that that one recruiting guide that was posted shortly after release is indeed correct, the CPU only gives the max points value to their recruits, never less. So what happens is.. for example.. Its week 10 and theres a 78ovr WR 4 stars who has only 20% lock. I looked and saw Nebraska is leading so I checked Nebraska's point distribution. They have 11 guys on their board with 500 points and 20 with 0 points. That WR is one of the 20. It was like this for all the teams in his top 10. The problem isn't that the CPU doesn't go after the recruits (as evidenced by the fact they put them on their recruiting board) the problem is that EA made it so the CPU cannot distribute points properly, like human players can. After a few weeks I have a huge lead on the WR now. The only chance the CPU has, is if they get some of their players to commit, and thus move the 500 points to another player (in this case the WR) and hope to catch up to me. If that doesn't happen, he's going to Wyoming.

Please fix this! Totally unrealistic and feels cheap..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #36
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrockOchoGOAT
If EA had the CPU distribute their points accross the entire 35 man board the CPU puts together, they would never get any recruits aganst a user. Ever. I am not saying the system is perfect, but its better than them giving 300 to one guy and 150 to another. I think the best soution is to have the CPU max out on 4 or 5 stars and thengive only a few to 2 or 3 stars.
This exactly why I said in my previous post about giving teams bonus weekly recruiting points based on their prestige. A 1 star team would have 5000 recruiting points a week, like they do now, a 2 star 6000, a 3 star 7000, a 4 star 8000, a 5 star 9000, and a 6 star 10000. Those numbers would be before coaching bonuses. This would allow bigger programs to go after more recruits than smaller schools. This would take care of many of the lower teams getting 4 star guys because they would already be heavily recruited unlike how they are now.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #37
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad23
It was... for science
Old 07-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
This exactly why I said in my previous post about giving teams bonus weekly recruiting points based on their prestige. A 1 star team would have 5000 recruiting points a week, like they do now, a 2 star 6000, a 3 star 7000, a 4 star 8000, a 5 star 9000, and a 6 star 10000. Those numbers would be before coaching bonuses. This would allow bigger programs to go after more recruits than smaller schools. This would take care of many of the lower teams getting 4 star guys because they would already be heavily recruited unlike how they are now.
Not only would it help recruiting but it would also make getting those prestige stars feel like more of an accomplishment. Its more of a rank than a tangible perk right now
Old 07-16-2013, 12:23 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
So I purchased the dynasty time savers pack and now I can view how many points the CPU is putting into all their players on their recruiting board. I can confirm that that one recruiting guide that was posted shortly after release is indeed correct, the CPU only gives the max points value to their recruits, never less. So what happens is.. for example.. Its week 10 and theres a 78ovr WR 4 stars who has only 20% lock. I looked and saw Nebraska is leading so I checked Nebraska's point distribution. They have 11 guys on their board with 500 points and 20 with 0 points. That WR is one of the 20. It was like this for all the teams in his top 10. The problem isn't that the CPU doesn't go after the recruits (as evidenced by the fact they put them on their recruiting board) the problem is that EA made it so the CPU cannot distribute points properly, like human players can. After a few weeks I have a huge lead on the WR now. The only chance the CPU has, is if they get some of their players to commit, and thus move the 500 points to another player (in this case the WR) and hope to catch up to me. If that doesn't happen, he's going to Wyoming.

But it is because of how the CPU distributes their points that it is harder this year to compete with them for the prospects that their are heavily recruiting. I think the problem is just that here are too many players at certain position.

It is easier for me to land a 5-star QB than a 3-star FB.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:

This leads me to believe that recruiting vs the CPU is going to be very easy and all the user teams will have stacked rosters as a result of the CPU not being able to distribute points to more than a handful of players

psn - CeeGee

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »