Home

The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

This is a discussion on The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
This exactly why I said in my previous post about giving teams bonus weekly recruiting points based on their prestige. A 1 star team would have 5000 recruiting points a week, like they do now, a 2 star 6000, a 3 star 7000, a 4 star 8000, a 5 star 9000, and a 6 star 10000. Those numbers would be before coaching bonuses. This would allow bigger programs to go after more recruits than smaller schools. This would take care of many of the lower teams getting 4 star guys because they would already be heavily recruited unlike how they are now.
I like this.

Timeetyo's NCAA 14 Relegation & Violations System: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-system.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 3

I don't know anything about computer programming but it seems like it would be easy to add a code that drops a recruit after they are say 2000 pts behind and then only adds players within 1000.

I think the 500/recruit is OK it is just that they stay on recruits too long when they have no chance.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #43
Rookie

HammerOfGod's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41

IMO there should only be 100 4 and 5 star players available. There should be enough for each top 25 program to get 4 every year and it should be a big impact on teams if some are able to out recruit others for those top 100. That would leave anyone outside the top 25 basically fighting for scraps that the big programs would then be able to pick through once they got their top 10. This would also make Saban's instacommit trait more powerful like it seems the devs intended it because he could get that insta commit in week 1 and that 500 could then be put toward eating up another top 100 player.
Someone has probably pointed this out already, but there are between 25 and 35, 5 star players every year and roughly 250, 4 star players every season. The number of 4 and 5 stars isn't an issue. The inability of CPU controlled teams to allocate points properly is the issue.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #44
MVP

Dogslax41's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
Someone has probably pointed this out already, but there are between 25 and 35, 5 star players every year and roughly 250, 4 star players every season. The number of 4 and 5 stars isn't an issue. The inability of CPU controlled teams to allocate points properly is the issue.
But what you are forgetting is that there are 4,410 less roster spots and 1,512 less scholarship spots available in the game.

Thats 375 less scholarship spots in the top 25 alone.

In the end its a collection of changes made, which individually could work but much like some other features (option run and CPU gameplan) that EA added to the game, they failed to take into account the domino effect of their changes and failed to balance those changes. It just seems like a little more thought goes into these features and they would work properly within the game. Hard to believe that ideas on a message board were not thought of during development, but I guess when you are down in the weeds with adeadline looming these were able to slip through.

Last edited by Dogslax41; 07-16-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #45
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerOfGod
Look back a couple of pages if you get the chance. You will see a discussion on the number of recruits in relation to class/roster sizes in the game. You are right, generally, but the small roster sizes in this game resulting in smaller class sizes probably does have some effect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #46
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

All you guys are way smarter than I am.. I am having plenty of trouble getting the recruits I want. Anyway, all of these arguments are sound and I think this year we should have had 85 man rosters with this new recruiting. Will a mod please sticky this post !!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #47
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

i agree that there are to many players and the cpu is recruiting with logic for the rosters spots available as they dont over recruit. this is the real problem, as we have realistic amount of 4 and 5 star player but teams are only recruiting 10-12 inteasd of 25. this leaves no room for alot of the player. the post above with the amount of roster spots lost clearly defines this. if the cpu recruited the correct amount of recruits by spreading the points out then you would have to have logic for the cpu to do tons of cuts as they would have way to many players over the cap. this would also lead to the smaller teams recruiting much lower caliber players as they do in real life with hardly a chance at higher star prospects, which is cool with me but will kill the fun for alot of guys. while i think the points not being spread is a issue, if they did it would cause more issues. the fix is to reduce the number of star players in relation to having much fewer rosters spots.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 0

Recruiting has been one of the biggest disappointments of the online dynasty era, its a very poor system they have, the style the changed to is actually by far the best set up but it is flawed. NCAA Football never seems to receive a full go on the development of the features to make it fluid, it always needs new work, they are selling a name but not giving us what we are paying for. We are not getting sequel, this is the only game that is only a continuation and the only college sport sold worldwide in the EA franchise. We keep saying if the developers put so and so code in the system couldn't handle it, well if that's so why sell an unfinished products ? there is no excuse. Sell the game for 30 bucks if your going to release it every single year, or say forget a deadline and make a quality game and release it after you have tested it to the T.

I just joined a online dynasty where my coach points not being accumulated when i made a in-game achievement. It would say Touchdown 25xp -2134346454. That's some crap. I'm not buying madden for 360 or ps3. I'll get it for ps4 and college for ps4 or xbox one.

I believe the OP knows exactly what he is talking about and pretty much every post in this thread is on the spot, yet EA developers can't see it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »