Home

The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

This is a discussion on The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #49
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The root of the 'too many good players get unrecruited' problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogslax41
But what you are forgetting is that there are 4,410 less roster spots and 1,512 less scholarship spots available in the game.

Thats 375 less scholarship spots in the top 25 alone.

In the end its a collection of changes made, which individually could work but much like some other features (option run and CPU gameplan) that EA added to the game, they failed to take into account the domino effect of their changes and failed to balance those changes. It just seems like a little more thought goes into these features and they would work properly within the game. Hard to believe that ideas on a message board were not thought of during development, but I guess when you are down in the weeds with adeadline looming these were able to slip through.
You hit the nail on the head a few pages back. Lowering the number of 4 & 5 star players is the easiest fix and it does two things at once.

1. Makes the big school actually have to go after 3 star players

2. Lowers the ratings of the incoming classes, so 4-5 years down the road, bad teams are still actually bad not 80 overall teams.

Limiting the class sizes would fix recruiting and progression really in one fell swoop. Because even if the actual progression system stayed the same, the players will have a lower rating coming in and it would help even things out.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #50
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9

Has anyone tried adjusting the recruiting difficulty to see how the CPU handles recruiting on different levels? Just a thought but maybe Heisman recruiting causes the CPU to go all-in on only a select number of recruits while All-American or Varsity may cause them to spread the wealth.

I no proof of this but was just wondering if it had been explored. Again, just a thought.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:25 PM   #51
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3

Where do you buy the dynasty extras? I don't see them on Xbox.com.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #52
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
Has anyone tried adjusting the recruiting difficulty to see how the CPU handles recruiting on different levels? Just a thought but maybe Heisman recruiting causes the CPU to go all-in on only a select number of recruits while All-American or Varsity may cause them to spread the wealth.

I no proof of this but was just wondering if it had been explored. Again, just a thought.

To my knowledge there is no longer a recruiting difficulty setting. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #53
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

There is no recruiting difficulty setting for the love of God.

I wonder if default head coaches being low for a lot of big programs is a problem. For instance, Muschamp is only level 8 and he has no points at all in the opener and closer skills. I'm editing coaches to put points into those skills based on prestige (I moved Muschamp up to level 14 so I could add 3 points to both of those skills to max them out to represent Florida being a 6 star). I'm going to see what effect that has.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #54
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
Where do you buy the dynasty extras? I don't see them on Xbox.com.
they are built into the mode now. if you try to access the report section of recruiting it prompts you to buy the whole package or just the reports. The same with the Extra Pipeline state, coach seminar, and max training.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:52 PM   #55
Rookie

frnkpw13's Arena

OVR: 1

I am not sure if this topic goes with what problem I am seeing but, AKRON and a bunch of other 1 star schools at year 2019 are 77 overall and up. I am seeing a lot of 1,2,3 star schools all over the league between 79-89 overall too. The schools regardless of win/loss and what conference they are in, are steadily progressing. I don't know. Anyone else simming ahead to see what i am talking about?
National Champions 1958, 2003, 2007, 2019

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2013, 08:09 PM   #56
Rookie

Strategizer's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by frnkpw13
I am not sure if this topic goes with what problem I am seeing but, AKRON and a bunch of other 1 star schools at year 2019 are 77 overall and up. I am seeing a lot of 1,2,3 star schools all over the league between 79-89 overall too. The schools regardless of win/loss and what conference they are in, are steadily progressing. I don't know. Anyone else simming ahead to see what i am talking about?
Players just simply progress too much, I'm guessing. Has been a problem before, so no surprise it's a problem again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »