Home

Pass Lead and Celebrations

This is a discussion on Pass Lead and Celebrations within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Pass Lead and Celebrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
Anyone who has followed college football over the last 20 years knows that the NCAA has done everything they can to limit anything that would be considered having a "bad image".

He doesn't need a link for this one, it's common sense.

There's a reason players don't get suspended anymore, don't celebrate on the way to the endzone, over-the-top celebrations in the endzone etc.

The NCAA didn't want it, and if EA doesn't comply, the contract is broken and someone else is making college games.

In a previous iteration of the game, a specific feature, fans rushing on to the field, was removed from the retail version at the NCAA's behest.

He made a similar, pointed claim. Thus, I asked for linkage, not bloviation.
Old 07-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #18
Rookie

leathrneck34's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't know about celebration since I too have not seen any. But, I Have been able to take my half back to the corner of the endzone and dive for the pylon only to be hit at the last second and spun. I also and this may have been a fluke but I ran a bootleg and ran my QB to the edge of the endzone on another play and while I came in low and almost went out of bounds my qb steps into the endzone almost like a double tap. I am pretty sure I hit the juke stick though lol. Almost crapped myself on both plays. I don know you can dive for the endzone and the RB will reach for it.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:34 PM   #19
Rookie

jnewcomer5's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXShowstopperXx
No you can't. The player will always dive like he's trying to get there before being stopped. Even if there's no one around him. You also could press triangle in the pass and do a signature gesture. Like the "U" for Miami or the horns for Texas. That harmless bit of fun was also taken out.

Not to be a synic but does anyone else find it odd that you can't hold up a U with your hands but you can show off those new Nike gloves with the logos on em? Either way can't blame EA for this one it was the NCAAs doing.
You can do the crazy dive into the end zone in my OD a team has a great photo of his guy jumping real high while sort of flipping into the end zone.
Old 07-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #20
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Frankly, this game feels dry compared to LAST year's Madden, and it was the opposite way around for a good decade. Sad to see, and while others may disdain lead passing, when the CPU decides to glue a 60 CB to your 98 WR lead passing was your only hope of completing the pass.

Honestly feels like this version took a step back, I would expect it to be on par at least with the last Madden.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #21
MVP

mjavon's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm pretty sure I've had a celebratory dive. I'll try and get video if it happens again.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »