Home

How Many Licensed Teams Would it Take for you to Buy a College Football Game?

This is a discussion on How Many Licensed Teams Would it Take for you to Buy a College Football Game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How Many Real Teams/Conferences Would it Take for You To Buy a CFB Game?
Every team, from UNC Charlotte to Bama needs to be in. Conferences must also be right 103 62.42%
Every team needs to be in, but I don't care about conferences 12 7.27%
Most teams would have to be in, but some of the smaller ones could be fake. I also want to play in real conferences. 15 9.09%
Most teams need to be in, but conferences can have fake names. 5 3.03%
As long as the AQ Conferences and their teams are in, as well as a few other big teams (Notre Dame, Boise, etc) are in, I'm good. 7 4.24%
The Teams in the AQ conferences (Plus Notre Dame, Boise, BYU, and such) must be included, but I could live with fake conference names. 3 1.82%
All the big name teams and the big conferences would need to be in. (About 25-30 teams) 0 0%
25-30 of the big name teams would need to be in, but I don't care about real conferences. 0 0%
As long as my team is in, I'll buy it. 3 1.82%
Who needs teams? State College versus Colombus is how I'll roll! As long as there's a CFB game, I'll buy it. 17 10.30%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #25
Rookie

BrandH's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: How Many Licensed Teams Would it Take for you to Buy a College Football Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Yeah, looks like this was unture. My bad.
Wasn't trying to attack you or anything. I was just trying to get people to take a step back and not overreact which is what all of this looks like it was. A giant overreaction. The only thing that has changed is the game might be called ESPNs College Football 15 or something like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #26
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How Many Licensed Teams Would it Take for you to Buy a College Football Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandH
Wasn't trying to attack you or anything. I was just trying to get people to take a step back and not overreact which is what all of this looks like it was. A giant overreaction. The only thing that has changed is the game might be called ESPNs College Football 15 or something like that.
No worries, man. It's also looking like the CLC covers most, if not all, schools, so it's unlikely we'll see any generic teams
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 07-17-2013, 05:55 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 16

Well - this is going to be my stance moving forward:

EA should use this as an opportunity to create the best college football "teambuilder" as possible - and allow the users to edit all of the content (down to conferences, postseason games, and so on).
Old 07-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #28
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Who needs teams? State College versus Colombus is how I'll roll! As long as there's a CFB game, I'll buy it.

i voted this, but i want to clarify my answer. I would take a completely fictional game as long as it was well done. Propper mechanics on both sides of the ball, solid gameplay and good graphics. i just love college football in general, the pagentry and the way it operates. If we had fictional teams and the before mentioned requirements would be met, i would be satisfied it if was the only viable option.

Sadly, i feel my opinion may be the minority.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I am ok with every FBS team as the game currently is but I would prefer every FBS and FCS team.
I don't care about the conference names as long as the right teams are in them.

Last edited by berad88; 07-17-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #30
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Everything or I won't buy it. This isn't the Bill Walsh College Football was out in the 90's and I won't go back to that limited presentation.

All or nothing for me.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 07-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 0
Since the NCAA doesn't own or license the rights to any team, conference, bowl, postseason awards, or playoff format I'll say that they'll all be in there. So it will probably be a buy for me on next gen.

2020: 52-39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #32
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

If they give us the ability to align, name, and workout the particulars of the fake conferences I wouldn't mind it. If they also let us customize bowls & give us a logo editor for them it'll be like the NCAA never tucked it's tail between it's legs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »