Home

Curl/Comeback routes online

This is a discussion on Curl/Comeback routes online within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Curl/Comeback routes online

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
Sink is the way to go. Looks like they are going to ride them, then the corner breaks it off and sits right in front.
This is the most consistent IMO. Cover 2 disguise/bluff in particular out of Nickel. A play I used to stop comebacks with no longer exists. It was called Cover 2 Buc from nickel 3-3-5. I think C2B still exists, but it was set up different a few years ago from 3-3-5 Nickel. The one I'm talking about had the outside CBs playing buzz zones(purple), the Nickel playing a Flat(to the RB side of course) Safeties play cover 2 obviously, and the 3 LBers play the Hook (yellow) zones. The MLB even though he was in a yellow zone played deeper than normal as if it was a Tampa 2 play. It was a great play and you could do a number of things from it. Too bad it's no longer in the game. You can re-create it but it takes some time and you have to control the MLB to drop him a bit deeper. I liked having the MLBer drop deeper by himself so I could user the Nickel.

The above post is also a good way to bait them. Back off the coverage sit in C2D and they will think it's an easy 10yds. Overload blitz to one side to hurry the throw and bam you got an INT.

Last edited by thehardknoxlife; 07-17-2013 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5
If you back up the dbs all the other person has to do is throw the ball before his reciever finishes the route. Best advice for curls is to play man and leave the coverage default. So don't bump or back off leave at 5-7 yards off. If you play zone use the curl to flat zone (yellow)
For better results. The comeback is harder to defend since it's all about qb timing more than the route itself in ncaa. You better off playing man instead of zone against those since the route extends to the end of the zone where sad to say your defender would be to dumb to defend
Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-17-2013, 10:49 PM   #11
Rookie

And really to me it doesn't matter what defense your in whether 43 or 34 or 425. I throw the curls alot so I can just tell you from what I look for

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2013, 11:19 PM   #12
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0

I'll tell a short story just to back my point. Did a 5 man dynasty on Madden last year. All the other guys were passing fiends and would score a lot of points on me. Eventually I got some beast corners and would just man up across the board. In doing this, I realized where the weakness of man coverage was with 2 over the top (curls and comebacks with good timing). Then as I started completing curls and comebacks against their same coverage, I realized I needed a counter. Cover 2 Sink was the answer. They will throw right into it just about every time because they think it's the same man coverage they are always seeing. You have to find the tendency. Formation, down and distance, position on the field, w/e, but once you know it's coming, throw the sink in there and get ready to run back the other way.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #13
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

It's hard to stop the comeback but man-to-man gives you the best chance. But if you do stop the comeback the opponent will probably just go to another money route either across the middle or the post towards the sideline, pick your poison.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #14
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
It's hard to stop the comeback but man-to-man gives you the best chance. But if you do stop the comeback the opponent will probably just go to another money route either across the middle or the post towards the sideline, pick your poison.
Thats why you mix in man and zone at that same time and send pressure to force quick throws
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 07-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #15
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
I know these have been money online for years but can someone please advise me as to what defense is best to stop them?

I play mostly man D but have also tried zones and it seems nothing works. That being said, I have seen others online have success at stopping or at least limiting them so any help would be appreciated

thanks!
Purple Zones are the best zone to stop them. However, even more imprortant in stopping those routes is to press. Most people do not press when in a zone, but it is a very effective way of stopping those money routes while also tricking your opponent presnap into thinking you are in a man press. If you do man press, make sure you have an amzing blitz on or a couple of deep safties over the top.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #16
Just started!

OVR: 8

Curls are used to much, makes the the game a boring. I don't own the game. I saw a friend get tore up by them. He could do nothing. Didn't help that his opponent was a cheeseball who put in all his speed players.

I have not played NCAA in a few years. Cover two, cover 6, cover two sink, purple routes, covering him yourself, having a b/a CB ect.... All of those used to work but, all have draw backs. NCAA has always been rock, paper, WTF!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »