Home

Hypothetical/Dream: EA Gives Us A Blank Slate

This is a discussion on Hypothetical/Dream: EA Gives Us A Blank Slate within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
Hypothetical/Dream: EA Gives Us A Blank Slate

As many have read the NCAA isn't going to renew it's licences with EA.

Although EA has stated they are currently creating next years NCAA (or whatever it will be called,) here's what I'm dreaming about:

A lot of people remember Bill Walsh Football from the early 90's. It had other names for colleges like "College Station," and "South Bend."

As much as having another game like that would bring back memories, there's no need with the way things are technology wise today.

EA could put out a game on the next gen consoles that would be completely customizable.

We already do rosters and many of use create Teambuilder teams. I created ODU so I could have a named team for them to play with during the early release. It only took 15 minutes to type the names of the players because I was using a keyboard and not fiddling with a PS3 controller.

Imagine us being able to customize everything from stadiums (built in the Teambuilder program,) to the name of the college, the conference it played in, etc.

All EA would have to do, is what they do now, but build up the ability to swap 126+ teams instead of 16 with Teambuilder, and revamp the Teambuilder to allow us to do A LOT more.

If they don't have to do all the details (uniforms,etc,) maybe we'd get a better product. All year long they simply concentrate on infrastructure for the Teambuilder side of things, and gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

We as the users fix what we already do now (rosters, gloves, facemask,etc.) but have to add in stadiums and other things we've never been able to do before.

There's enough people on these boards that if we all took 1 college and created it, we'd be able to take care of business in less than a week.

It would be SimCity meets NCAA Football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #2
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Hypothetical/Dream: EA Gives Us A Blank Slate

This would be a peffect post for http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-now-what.html.
Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
MVP

People on here would like that but sales would tank without the real teams on the game out of the box.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

If EA is continuing to make these games like they say they will, they will most likely have all the DIV-1 teams still in the game. Not having the NCAA partnership won't stop them from at least trying to do that.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #5
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
People on here would like that but sales would tank without the real teams on the game out of the box.
Maybe the first year, but once people realize how easy it would be to simply download the teams like they download rosters now.....might not be too bad for too long.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #6
MVP

I disagree. People in general are pretty... I don't know if lazy is the right word, but I'll use it, lazy. People put in their game and expect to be able to play Alabama vs Oregon without having to download anything from a third party.

Now, they could let us do the stuff you mentioned while still having all the default teams in there. For example Out of the Park Baseball has the MLB teams and rosters (but not logos) but you can customize everything however you like, with a league as big or small as you like, and whatever teams you want to include or create. That's a PC game in a whole different genre but going that direction would be really good I think.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #7
Rookie

BrockOchoGOAT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
As many have read the NCAA isn't going to renew it's licences with EA.

Although EA has stated they are currently creating next years NCAA (or whatever it will be called,) here's what I'm dreaming about:

A lot of people remember Bill Walsh Football from the early 90's. It had other names for colleges like "College Station," and "South Bend."

As much as having another game like that would bring back memories, there's no need with the way things are technology wise today.

EA could put out a game on the next gen consoles that would be completely customizable.

We already do rosters and many of use create Teambuilder teams. I created ODU so I could have a named team for them to play with during the early release. It only took 15 minutes to type the names of the players because I was using a keyboard and not fiddling with a PS3 controller.

Imagine us being able to customize everything from stadiums (built in the Teambuilder program,) to the name of the college, the conference it played in, etc.

All EA would have to do, is what they do now, but build up the ability to swap 126+ teams instead of 16 with Teambuilder, and revamp the Teambuilder to allow us to do A LOT more.

If they don't have to do all the details (uniforms,etc,) maybe we'd get a better product. All year long they simply concentrate on infrastructure for the Teambuilder side of things, and gameplay, gameplay, gameplay.

We as the users fix what we already do now (rosters, gloves, facemask,etc.) but have to add in stadiums and other things we've never been able to do before.

There's enough people on these boards that if we all took 1 college and created it, we'd be able to take care of business in less than a week.

It would be SimCity meets NCAA Football.

This would completely ruin online play. You nedd the base team and rosters in order to play online. Otherwise, you would end up with a couple of fake, perfect teams playng each other online every game.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #8
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

I can tell you one thing.. if EA does make a 'blank slate' game, it sure as hell better not cost $60.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »