Home

ncaa 14 worth it?

This is a discussion on ncaa 14 worth it? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
ncaa 14 worth it?

Thinking of purchasing ncaa 14, looks cool....only have a 4gb for xbox space. Would this be enough space for the game or should I give in and purchase an internal hd 250gb hd to handle all the game features.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Quick as lightning

TexanCam's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: ncaa 14 worth it?

It's 50 bucks on Amazon right now, if you can find just a little bit of a good deal I'd say go for it. 4GB Xbox will be enough to save dynasties and stuff, but not to download the game. You aren't really missing anything but halftime shows otherwise. Pretty cool but not a "dealbreaker" in my opinion.
2014 (3-9) Some things are better left unsaid...
UTSA
2015 (0-0)
Old 07-20-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

NOOOOOO! Stay away from the buggy game, it's a half done game, they improved the offense but the defense is worst than ever. Do like I did, rent it first and decide for yourself, im so glad I didn't buy such a obviously half done game, it's not worth $60.
And if you do choose to buy this half done effort, just get disk and play the game from the disk and you won't have to worry about drive space accept for saves which are small in size.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 07-20-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:00 PM   #4
Quick as lightning

TexanCam's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
NOOOOOO! Stay away from the buggy game, it's a half done game, they improved the offense but the defense is worst than ever. Do like I did, rent it first and decide for yourself, im so glad I didn't buy such a obviously half done game, it's not worth $60.
And if you have a Xbox360 just buy the disk and play the game from the disk and you won't have to worry about drive space accept for saves which are small in size.
Of course there is that too. Good idea to rent it. I wouldn't say it's not done though. If you were good at defense in 13, chances are you will be good in defense on 14. In my opinion. The only difference is that ALL of the offensive plays work as intended now. People used to rely on the ineptitude of some playcalls just not working, no longer the case.
2014 (3-9) Some things are better left unsaid...
UTSA
2015 (0-0)
Old 07-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanCam
It's 50 bucks on Amazon right now, if you can find just a little bit of a good deal I'd say go for it. 4GB Xbox will be enough to save dynasties and stuff, but not to download the game. You aren't really missing anything but halftime shows otherwise. Pretty cool but not a "dealbreaker" in my opinion.

Appreciate the input! Yea, think I will go ahead and rent it then go from there. Then purchase the extra space later.

thanks again!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #6
Rookie

KeepSwinging's Arena

I'd recommend upgrading your hard drive anyways (look on Amazon for cheap 3rd part 360 drives), why can't you just buy the game at a retail store? The rosters and stuff don't take up much space so if you don't want to buy a bigger drive just get the game on disc.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:29 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent1816
Thinking of purchasing ncaa 14, looks cool....only have a 4gb for xbox space. Would this be enough space for the game or should I give in and purchase an internal hd 250gb hd to handle all the game features.
If you want to save some money, you don't necessarily need a hard drive for storage. Find a 8 or 16GB (or larger) USB thumb drive on sale and use one of those instead. The XBox 360S can handle up to 3 of them plugged in at a time, while the old xBox can handle 2. You can easily find some on the net for under $10. Best Buy often has them as their deal of the day or in their weekly ads. A couple of those can hold you over for awhile. The Xbox will utilize them just like a hard drive. A USBexternal hard drive, typically used for laptops, is also an option, but they cost more than an internal one (at least a third party internal one).

Amazon sells third party hard drives pretty cheap. $50 for the 250 Gig, less for smaller versions. Ebay has them, too. You can also use on old Xbox hard drive, but you have to jury rig it a bit to fit in the new XBox slim (which is what I presume you have, since you mentioned 4Gig). There are videos on youtube to show you how to do it. Those old hard drives are dirt cheap from places like Gamestop.

I am currently using the USB thumb drive option. Eventually, I'll pony up for a hard drive, but USB is working well for me at the moment.

Good luck!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #8
Rookie

Ive been reading quite a few posts about 14 and I don't see a huge difference from 13. Obviously there are some upgrades but I am not sure. Does anyone who has it feel like it is a dramatic difference? Want to purchase it, may rent 1st. Your thoughts?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »