Home

How To Stop CPU Zone Adjustment Change To "Aggressive"?

This is a discussion on How To Stop CPU Zone Adjustment Change To "Aggressive"? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
How To Stop CPU Zone Adjustment Change To "Aggressive"?

Question...will reducing the aggressiveness of the CPU Defensive coordinator and CPU Head Coach down to 30% or 20% prevent the CPU from changing its zone adjustment to "agressive"? I was gonna test it out but wanted to see if someone had already tried because I dont know if I can enjoy playing on Varsity with sliders in favor of CPU. I still feel like I will dominate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How To Stop CPU Zone Adjustment Change To "Aggressive"?

I think this is something I might do.

I read in the slider thread, that someone made a roster with all of the coaches and DC/OC edited.

But I just might edit the coaches I play on my schedule, then re-edit back to original settings for Sim-Engine purposes.

I know for a fact lowing aggressiveness on the Head Coach, will stop them from blitzing 5/6 players 50% of the time. (This was tested by Oreaon, Sorry for spelling)
Old 07-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

The zone aggressive will not go away regardless of level (even freshman). The difference between varsity and AA/Heisman is that varsity switches back to balanced and conservative fairly quickly, rather than it's counterparts of AA/Heisman that remain at aggressive for longer amounts of times.

This is why you see guys who have posted their scorebox on games played in AA or Heisman show the drive summaries that consistently include 30+ to 40+ yards touchdowns - because the DB(s) have glitched out and leave receivers completely open. I'm not saying that is consistently the case - but more often than not - that is the reasoning.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

this is why I DO NOT RUN STREAK PLAYS, ever. it sucks but its worth it to get realistic outcomes and games
Old 07-20-2013, 11:19 PM   #5

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

This is really ruining my former enjoyment of CPU vs CPU games :/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 12:10 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
this is why I DO NOT RUN STREAK PLAYS, ever. it sucks but its worth it to get realistic outcomes and games
I run streak plays but only for 1 or 2 receivers. I try not to run 4 verts period because it is still automatic with the CPU defense blitzing or running 2 deep leaving the middle wide open or 3 deep with aggresive zone leaving the middle wide open.

Matt10 - Love your thoughts but I just decided to play the game and stay away from the money plays that we all know works on offense and the game is pretty enjoyable. I think ultimately like you said defensive aggressiveness need to be tone down and then well probably get better play seectionl from thecoach CPU

Outside of me tinkering too much with the game, as long as I vary my defensive playcalling, I always get realistic comp. percentages from the CPU QB and it plays a great game. I think I'm gonna leave all this tinkering alone for a while lol
Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #7
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
This is really ruining my former enjoyment of CPU vs CPU games :/
Exactly why I'm not buying the game this year. I run my offline dynasties CPU style and pretty much do all of the recruiting and player edits. It's a very underrated way to enjoy the game and I really fell in love with it last yer, but this glitch and the other legacy issues continue to pile up. Can't deal with that anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »