Home

Pro vs One Back Playbooks

This is a discussion on Pro vs One Back Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #9
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Pro vs One Back Playbooks

Always preferred having a fullback lead blocking for my halfback on run plays and giving the ball to the big fella on short yardage situations! Also I love hitting them in the flats off of play action.. the defense never sees it coming!
Old 07-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

I prefer the one back playbook. I'm a 50/50 guy on run/pass ratio, it works good for that.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #11
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

I always like the Pro better, for the fact of diversity. I like putting two HBs in the backfield in the Strong, Weak, or I-forms, then using playaction/ passing plays that take advantage of the extra speed. the extra blocker is a huge plus as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
I think I'm going to have to go back to pro. Last night I played 5 games with the one back pb and had a very hard time moving the ball. I used the genetic pro pb. Does anyone have a pro pb favorite?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Always play as Alabama. Have for 15+ years. I've been using ACE-BIG and the one back playbook as my base for the past 10 years or so. I love it.

I use the multiple two tight end sets to move my tight ends around (formation or motion) to create mismatches both running and passing. Most running plays are zone running plays. Look for the hole or the cutback. Press the hole, one cut and get up the field. A 4 yard run is a winning play.

Make the defense respect your run game and the play-action passing game becomes pretty hard to stop. Tight ends are almost always open and you can attack the defense vertically down the field with your outside WR. Mix in quick slants, sluggos and screens to counter defensive man presses and bltizes.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #14
bnb
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
I think I'm going to have to go back to pro. Last night I played 5 games with the one back pb and had a very hard time moving the ball. I used the genetic pro pb. Does anyone have a pro pb favorite?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
dude, create your own playbook and put the plays you want in there. you aren't stuck with the pre-made books.
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

I like using the generic Pro style playbook. The fullback makes a huge difference when running the ball and i like to keep as balanced between the run/pass. Pro also has alot of short to medium pass plays that seem to work really well against most defenses.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #16
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
If you like having a fullback as a blocker, but want to use a one- back system to have more receivers and more versatility, use running plays with a pulling guard. They end up working almost exactly like a fullback. This is what I always do, and I like having 3 WRs on the field but have trouble running dives and blasts out of single back formations. Use counters, powers, etc. Anything with a pulling guard. It might be tougher in online play as the user can control LB or safety and crash the direction the guard pulls, so be ready to run PA too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »