Home

Custom Scheduling Help - Bit of a Noob

This is a discussion on Custom Scheduling Help - Bit of a Noob within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:58 AM   #9
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Custom Scheduling Help - Bit of a Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumplebeanskin
What are the pros and cons of putting a bye week or two, or three, into your schedule?

I see my Army team has a number of "open" weeks in it's schedule

Thanks!
I like to have open weeks in between games and not after them that way if someone gets hurt it could get him back a little faster.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #10
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

OVR: 0

I wondered if it was simply for reasons of rest and recuperation, or if there was anything strategic to it, such as altering your strength of schedule. Is there a limit, or minimum, for bye weeks you can have?

Go 1-0 in the season, undefeated! Fill the rest of the schedules with byes
Old 07-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #11
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
I wondered if it was simply for reasons of rest and recuperation, or if there was anything strategic to it, such as altering your strength of schedule. Is there a limit, or minimum, for bye weeks you can have?

Go 1-0 in the season, undefeated! Fill the rest of the schedules with byes
In real life everyone plays 12 reg season game it may be possible on the game to play a game more or less then that but I havent tried. But I know in years past you could do that. Most of the time you have 8 conference games though they could change depending on the conference and then 4 games that you can schedule with anyone. Most of the teams will do something like 2 cupcake games, 1 mid level BCS team and one top 25 team. Since your playing with army I wouldnt schedule alot of top teams as you will prob lose them espically if you are on the road. Also make sure to get the sliders on here as they will make the game much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 04:12 AM   #12
Rookie

Rumplebeanskin's Arena

Thanks for the input. I have some sliders that work pretty good, I win when I should, I lose when I should, and a little of a mix between the two to keep it interesting. Used a combination of different people's sliders, and thoughts on how sliders work, and seems to have worked out ok.

If teams play 12 games a season, and I have 15 weeks to schedule in, that'd make sense why the CPU has given me 3 open weeks. Next season, I am going to make sure I have home games in weeks 7 and 8 if possible, against either Rivals (Navy, Air Force) or total fodder. I found I had about 7-10 recruits visiting in week 7 in season 1, recruits I was miles ahead in the race for so got them in for a visit asap. This season I played Eastern Michigan in week 7 and bashed them, but I see Weeks 7/8 and 14/15 as the key weeks that my schedule should probably help out my recruiting if it can
Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 AM   #13
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I have some sliders that work pretty good, I win when I should, I lose when I should, and a little of a mix between the two to keep it interesting. Used a combination of different people's sliders, and thoughts on how sliders work, and seems to have worked out ok.

If teams play 12 games a season, and I have 15 weeks to schedule in, that'd make sense why the CPU has given me 3 open weeks. Next season, I am going to make sure I have home games in weeks 7 and 8 if possible, against either Rivals (Navy, Air Force) or total fodder. I found I had about 7-10 recruits visiting in week 7 in season 1, recruits I was miles ahead in the race for so got them in for a visit asap. This season I played Eastern Michigan in week 7 and bashed them, but I see Weeks 7/8 and 14/15 as the key weeks that my schedule should probably help out my recruiting if it can
If you need recruiting tips they are thread on the first few pages that has a lot of good advice in it. If you have any ? just ask but it sounds like you are starting to figure out things.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:02 PM   #14
Rookie

Is their a way when doing custom schedules before the season to make a neutral site game? if so can you please explain how to do that cause when I go to my schedule all it says is choose vs or at.

thank you
Old 07-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #15
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan1221
Is their a way when doing custom schedules before the season to make a neutral site game? if so can you please explain how to do that cause when I go to my schedule all it says is choose vs or at.

thank you
You can change the location of a game its one of the face buttons like square or triangle on playstation. It says it on the bottom of the screen when u are at custom schedule
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »