Home

EA Sports Didn't Need the NCAA's Logo (kotaku)

This is a discussion on EA Sports Didn't Need the NCAA's Logo (kotaku) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #9
Rookie

brianski71's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports Didn't Need the NCAA's Logo (kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaGuru58
I think maybe it will be for the better. Maybe EA can put back in all the cool stuff the NCAA made them take out. Like player discipline, fans rushing the field, taunting while scoring a TD, and mascot celebrations. To name a few.
I like your thinking....but no offense, I really hope they don't decide to bring back stupid stuff like taunting and celebrating with the mascot. These were goofy and unrealistic...unless they brought back taunting with the real rule that can negate a touchdown if it's done before crossing the goal line. I'm all for putting player discipline back in and adding fans storming the field. This is part of the "college atmosphere" that EA always seems to miss.
Old 07-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #10
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

Lost in all of this is what this ultimately means for those of us longing for a college hoops game.

EA obviously had no interest in making a college hoops game, yet they were willing to pay 500k a year for the rights to March Madness and The Final Four?

That's very, very interesting.

Seems that they were more interested in keeping someone else, namely 2k, from having access to those naming rights than they were in actually making a college basketball game
Old 07-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead
Lost in all of this is what this ultimately means for those of us longing for a college hoops game.

EA obviously had no interest in making a college hoops game, yet they were willing to pay 500k a year for the rights to March Madness and The Final Four?

That's very, very interesting.

Seems that they were more interested in keeping someone else, namely 2k, from having access to those naming rights than they were in actually making a college basketball game
Exactly what I was thinking, why heck would they pay the NCAA 500k a year if they didn't need them, if they were not going to make a college basket ball game? Don't remember when the last time they released a college basketball game, like you said, they only did it to shut out the competition! Which is why they probably bought the ESPN license too, to close any loopholes that would allow another football game to be made with real teams and real player names. I really hope another developer steps up next-gen and challenges EA's college football game because their is a lot of room for improvement.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 07-23-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Trust me, there's also more to it than basketball. That money kept the NCAA coffers full. The NCAA has its hand out for anything and everything college sports related. If you don't cough up some "donations" to their cause, they'll try to pass bylaws and regulations to hurt or even end your business. EA Sports knows how the game works.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLoco11
Not anymore. He's not even used the game at this point, and one can argue that an NFL name is more valuable these days than Madden.

Take Madden's name off the title, what exactly do you lose?
BS... Madden has been made for over 20 years. Madden is the most powerful name in sports gaming. Nobody calls it madden nfl, it's just Madden.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #14
Just started!

bravesfan22's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
BS... Madden has been made for over 20 years. Madden is the most powerful name in sports gaming. Nobody calls it madden nfl, it's just Madden.
this man speaks the truth.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach

Not saying that I disagree but if the name Madden was removed from the title, would it lose sales? I think people would still flock to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »