Home

Amazing and incredible stories of cheese

This is a discussion on Amazing and incredible stories of cheese within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2003, 10:39 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Amazing and incredible stories of cheese

Heres my most recent cheesy story for NCAA 2004 online...last night I made a room called "OCFL Tryouts" just to see if I'd find anyone who play str8. Some guy named Travalingus joined the room and I started the game. I was Kansas State. He chose Ohio State, I suppose because that is the bowl matchup. Well he starts out playing perfectly normal, although on 1st and goal from the 4 I get some pressure with Buhl on him and he runs back to about his 45 with Krenzel before throwing a hail mary which is nearly picked off by a Kstate DB. Well he went 2 more downs and then kicked the FG. I was optimistic that he was str8 since he actually kicked the FG.

Well the game goes on and I do as I do vs many of my fellow ncaa leaguers when we play, sometimes I punt, sometimes I move the ball. I score and punt, punt and score, pretty normal right? Well not really because everytime he gets the ball on offense he goes 3 and out, often getting sacked or having to throw out of bounds. After I go up 21-3 on an option play to sproles he pauses and says "You're good for a cheater". I pause and say "how was that cheating?" I mean lots of things can be called cheating, like running back 30 yards and lobbing or whatnot but I've never ever seen anyone call an option play where you simply pitch it to your HB and he scores as "cheating". He then puts in a freshman CB Whitner at QB replacing Krenzel. Tries to do the cheesy rollout with the fast CB and just run, I put QB spy on him and manually control a DB, dropping him out of coverage because I know there is no way he's throwing with this guy. He of course goes 3 and out again, in fact a few more times. He is not punting anymore at this point either so I guess it's more like 4 and out.

Well after I score again to make it 27-3 he pauses says "F*ck you fag you f*cker!!" and quits. I ended up finishing vs the CPU, something I always do to ensure the guy gets the loss.

Now this part you guys will love, when I got back on EA Online I sent him a message that simply said "Sorry you did not qualify for the league, can't quit and cuss at people". The amazing thing was, he played for 3 ½ quarters and I held him to -4 yards. He had -5 yards on rushing and 1 yard on passing. This is with him USING THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES. Granted Buckeyes aren't the best offensive team in the game but they're probably top 10-15 and definitely able to move the ball against just about anyone.

So if you're online and looking to beat the hell out of someone who pretends to be str8 but ultimately is a cheeser, look up Travalingus. He's really probably one of the worst offensive players I've ever seen. How the he11 anyone can use Ohio State for 3 quarters and put up -4 yards is beyond me. Even a blind squirrel pushing random joystick buttons should be able to have positive yards using them, LOL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2003, 12:02 AM   #2
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Amazing and incredible stories of cheese

Ahhh, Behold The Power Of Cheese.
Old 12-25-2003, 01:12 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ahh that cheeser deserved that!
Old 12-25-2003, 11:03 PM   #4
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

What an A-Hole! This is why I've NEVER played online. However, I would like to. Is this what the majority of the players online are like? Are there legit leagues where people are competitive and act like adults when they get beat fair and square?

Mike
Old 12-25-2003, 11:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would love to play someone online. I did it on madden when i was in the college dorms with a guy down the hall on the computer and that was tons of fun. Most fun I've ever had playing anyone was when I played one of my friends on ncaa in the dorm and we went into 5 overtimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2003, 06:37 AM   #6
--------------

dieselboy's Arena

OVR: 21

Odogg...

Ps2? or XBOX?
Old 12-26-2003, 09:34 AM   #7
N*rd *l*rt!

jt533's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

therizing02 said:
What an A-Hole! This is why I've NEVER played online. However, I would like to. Is this what the majority of the players online are like? Are there legit leagues where people are competitive and act like adults when they get beat fair and square?

Mike

This is not everyone online. If you are looking ot get online for a straight game I usually use teh game tags from guys here. I am alos in a league that is in it's second season and going strong with a lot of striaght players. It is the CSFL not sure if I cna tlak about it here under the OS rules but if you want more info PM me and I will give you a link to get on teh waiting list for dead teams.
Old 12-26-2003, 02:51 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

therizing02 said:

Mike

Most players you meet randomly online do not play straight, they go for it every 4th down, pass, pass, pass and rarely run, throw deep lob balls, run hurry up and just in general play unrealistic. However I've found you can get more straight games by looking at peoples record and looking for people who have taken big losses and not quit. Or join a league and you will find alot of people who play realistic (or more realistic anyways).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »