Home

National Championship Game flaw?

This is a discussion on National Championship Game flaw? within the EA Sports College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-24-2013, 02:55 AM   #17
Banned

football200414's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: National Championship Game flaw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay
Only if two SEC teams play each other.
And that happened how many times??? ONCE!!! I would like to have seen a different game too but they were the two best teams in college football that year...anyone who says any different is just kidding themselves. It's only going to get worse with the mini-playoff. Now you'll have to beat the 2 best SEC teams to call yourself a national champion...LOL
Old 07-24-2013, 04:35 AM   #18
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by football200414
And that happened how many times??? ONCE!!! I would like to have seen a different game too but they were the two best teams in college football that year...anyone who says any different is just kidding themselves. It's only going to get worse with the mini-playoff. Now you'll have to beat the 2 best SEC teams to call yourself a national champion...LOL
I guess im kidding myself. Ok St was better than LSU in mu opinion. Yet Bama shouldn't have even gotten in. it should have been LSU vs Ok St.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:21 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I saw #2 BYU, which I put in the Pac 12, beat #1 Ohio St. in the National Championship game and BYU ended the season 14-0 and Ohio St. ended with a 13-1. I went to see the final top 25 and Ohio St. was ranked #1 in both polls. I looked back at the bowl results and sure enough BYU beat Ohio St. for the National title.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #20
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

OVR: 0

In year 2016-2017 I went undefeated with New Mexico State (After finally building them up) and played 2 loss Clemson in the NC. (I sim all games in this dynasty). What was weird is that Clemson was #5 in championship week. Won their game against #4 (Va Tech I think) and leapfrogged idle Ohio State (2 losses #2 who didn't play in the Big 10 Championship) and idle #3 Georgia Tech. (3 losses but somehow #3) If that wasn't crazy enough Clemson and Ohio State were the only 2 loss schools in the country and I was the only undefeated. Every other school in the top 10 had between 3 and 5 (yup 5) losses. Craziest season I've ever seen.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Check out my dynasty:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...g-dynasty.html
Old 07-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
Wasn't USC #1 in both polls but not the BCS when they got a share of the title?
No. There were only two major polls at that time. This was before the Harris poll was introduced. USC finished #1 in the AP Poll and LSU finished #1 in the Coaches poll. The coaches were required to vote the winner of the BCSCG #1, though 3 coaches violated that requirement and voted USC #1 in that poll.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
I guess im kidding myself. Ok St was better than LSU in mu opinion. Yet Bama shouldn't have even gotten in. it should have been LSU vs Ok St.
Are we talking about when Ok St lost to Iowa St?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #23
Banned

football200414's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
That makes a TON of sense...the team that won the national championship shouldn't have been there and the team that lost the championship should have been there...I think Bama proved they belonged there by not letting the #1 team in the country cross the 50-yard line the entire game
Old 07-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #24
Banned

football200414's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritSnSpeed
Are we talking about when Ok St lost to Iowa St?

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
HAHAHA!!! Dang right bro! They killed themselves!
Thing is I really like OK State & Coach Gundy...a lot more than I like Bama & LSU but there's no way in Hades they deserved to be in that game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football »