Home

National Championship Game flaw?

This is a discussion on National Championship Game flaw? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #41
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: National Championship Game flaw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastin
Are we talking about the same BAMA that lost to LSU........Than they proceeded to beat LSU so your argument kinda folded on itself.......Ok. State had one bad game which happens often in College football. and i know this will get a ton of Iowa state isn't BAMA.......true but BAMA's offense was nowhere near what Ok. States offense was
Bamas O didnt have to be better than the OK St. O. It was 10x better than the Iowa St. O lol Ok St. couldnt stop Iowa States FB from running all over them. What the heck do you think Bamas "stable" of backs would have done to them? Good grief, Bama may have had 3 backs rush for over 100! Ditto for LSU as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0
I seriously love this discussion. I never want this thread to die lol

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #43
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritSnSpeed
Its about WHEN you lose. Lose the final week of the season as the number 2 or 3, and u probably won't make it.

And THAT is what is so stupid about the BCS. "Oh, Team A lost to so and so who was 8-4, in week 4, but then Team B lost to so and so in the last week of the season who was 8-4 too, but yet Team A lost earlier so therefore their loss was better?"

Thank God we get a playoff.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:15 PM   #44
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
SEC CHAMP game is real national title game anyways.
You probably don't even know other teams exist until the next NCAA Football game comes out, do you? Lol
Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinSnydersKSU
You probably don't even know other teams exist until the next NCAA Football game comes out, do you? Lol
Plenty of other good football teams, just not up to the TOP SEC teams' caliber, no real argument there. The playoff will just be two SEC teams in the title game most years, you can hate that all you want but it is reality. That is if the other conferences do not cheat to not let that happen and only let one SEC team in the playoff each year...which would not surprise me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2013, 09:49 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMBrown
And Ok.St lost to Iowa State that season. That's why they didn't play for the championship. It didn't have anything to do with an SEC bias.
Exactly. Alabama lost to the best team in the nation by a field goal in OT, while OK ST lost to a mediocre team which was no where close to a BCS bowl, much less the national title game race.

And LOL at the Pac 12 comment, just funny stuff. We saw how well the Pac 12's best team did against the SEC's 2nd best team in 2011 when LSU played Oregon.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinSnydersKSU
And THAT is what is so stupid about the BCS. "Oh, Team A lost to so and so who was 8-4, in week 4, but then Team B lost to so and so in the last week of the season who was 8-4 too, but yet Team A lost earlier so therefore their loss was better?"

Thank God we get a playoff.
I'm not saying its right. A playoff system is definitely the way to go. But if A was rated higher but then loses, the only reason B moved up was because A lost. So if B loses they should fall below A again. Not a perfect system by any means.

Truthfully though does anybody actually think that Oklahoma state would've beat LSU?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:51 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritSnSpeed
I'm not saying its right. A playoff system is definitely the way to go. But if A was rated higher but then loses, the only reason B moved up was because A lost. So if B loses they should fall below A again. Not a perfect system by any means.

Truthfully though does anybody actually think that Oklahoma state would've beat LSU?

Of course not. Someone on this site will say they do though LOL easy enough to do when it is a couple years after the fact and knowing you cannot prove it 100% one way or the other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »