Home

Ugh, Army

This is a discussion on Ugh, Army within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:43 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ugh, Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
1996 Division I-A independents football records

Conf

Overall
Team
W
L

W
L
#25 Army

10 2
Navy

9 3
#19 Notre Dame

9 3
East Carolina

8 3
Louisiana Tech

6 5
UAB

5 6
UCF

5 6
Southwestern Louisiana

5 6
Northeast Louisiana

5 6
Arkansas State

4 7
Northern Illinois

1 10

Rankings from AP Poll

1996 Independence Bowl logo
Since 2002:

1-11
0-13
2-9
4-7
3-9
3-9
3-9
5-7
7-6 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
3-9
2-10

Glory days are just around the corner for the Black Knights!
Old 07-31-2013, 03:24 PM   #58
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeve
Since 2002:

1-11
0-13
2-9
4-7
3-9
3-9
3-9
5-7
7-6 (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
3-9
2-10

Glory days are just around the corner for the Black Knights!
Maybe... how many years did Notre Dame suck before going to the national championship.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #59
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay
Maybe... how many years did Notre Dame suck before going to the national championship.
Are you comparing Army to Notre Dame right now? Okay. Carry on.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:40 PM   #60
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
Are you comparing Army to Notre Dame right now? Okay. Carry on.
Pretty good comparison huh?
2007 Division I FBS independents football records
v t e Conf Overall
Team W L W L
Navy – 8 – 5
Army – 3 – 9
Notre Dame – 3 – 9
Old 07-31-2013, 04:02 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay
Pretty good comparison huh?
2007 Division I FBS independents football records
v t e Conf Overall
Team W L W L
Navy – 8 – 5
Army – 3 – 9
Notre Dame – 3 – 9
Yeah, because one year of sucking out loud = Army's horrendous recent history!

ND has generally been mediocre for awhile, but nothing close to the futility of the Army program (1 winning season since 2000), which faces a huge uphill battle to return to prominence.

I can't believe you're even trying to make the comparison, unless your goal is just to troll ND fans.

Last edited by jeeve; 07-31-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #62
Rookie

There is a serious issue with Army/Navy/Air Force becoming dominant later in dynasties...Army and Navy especially.

I have run several dynasties and this is something that happens every time. In my current one, which is in 2031, in the last 10 years, neither of the Armed Forces teams have had a losing record since 2020, and Navy just ended a string of 5 straight 12-1 seasons with an "abysmal" 8-5 record last year. Air Force won the MWC championship 7 out of the last 11 years.

And it's not just the ridiculous records, but Navy always eventually has one of the best recruiting classes each year in all of the dynasties I have run.

This has to be something programmed into the game since it's not necessarily an independent team issue since the other independent teams don't seem to do any better or worse than you'd expect in real life and they're not even close to being as dominant as Army/Navy. And the other teams in the MWC are as awful as you'd expect them to be year after year with the occasional good stretch out of a few teams...but Air Force always has sustained success, along with the other Armed Forces teams.

Is there anything I can change in the team's settings to prevent this from happening? I don't mind the anomaly title run from one of the teams, but when it happens in every dynasty where each of these teams has sustained success, it's entirely too unrealistic. I don't see any other teams with this kind of consistent success in each dynasty.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:42 PM   #63
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocrates
There is a serious issue with Army/Navy/Air Force becoming dominant later in dynasties...Army and Navy especially.

I have run several dynasties and this is something that happens every time. In my current one, which is in 2031, in the last 10 years, neither of the Armed Forces teams have had a losing record since 2020, and Navy just ended a string of 5 straight 12-1 seasons with an "abysmal" 8-5 record last year. Air Force won the MWC championship 7 out of the last 11 years.

And it's not just the ridiculous records, but Navy always eventually has one of the best recruiting classes each year in all of the dynasties I have run.

This has to be something programmed into the game since it's not necessarily an independent team issue since the other independent teams don't seem to do any better or worse than you'd expect in real life and they're not even close to being as dominant as Army/Navy. And the other teams in the MWC are as awful as you'd expect them to be year after year with the occasional good stretch out of a few teams...but Air Force always has sustained success, along with the other Armed Forces teams.

Is there anything I can change in the team's settings to prevent this from happening? I don't mind the anomaly title run from one of the teams, but when it happens in every dynasty where each of these teams has sustained success, it's entirely too unrealistic. I don't see any other teams with this kind of consistent success in each dynasty.
I also noticed Navy finishing with high recruiting classes. But it's not just the service academies. It's probably because the flexbone offense is too good in simmed games. Georgia Tech for example in most of my dynasties is consistently in the top 5 every year.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
I also noticed Navy finishing with high recruiting classes. But it's not just the service academies. It's probably because the flexbone offense is too good in simmed games. Georgia Tech for example in most of my dynasties is consistently in the top 5 every year.
I just checked my current dynasty and GT has had more success than they have historically, but at least they still have up and down years. In fact, they've had two 5-7 seasons in the past four years while Army, Navy and Air Force continue to post double-digit wins almost every year for the last 10 or so seasons.

I'll try changing their playbook for the next dynasty I run though. Thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »