Home

Could losing 'NCAA' from game be beneficial?

This is a discussion on Could losing 'NCAA' from game be beneficial? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Could losing 'NCAA' from game be beneficial?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwag
No, they did the exact opposite. Too many lawsuits for the NCAA, so they pulled the plug.
You're right. I hadn't been keeping up on my news!

I've waited for this day for a looooong time, but only because I would have liked to see what other developers could make of NCAA football. Unfortunately, due to the reasons of pulling the plug, it doesn't look like the NCAA will be in contract with any other game developer.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:13 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
I know there are some threads about EA losing the NCAA logos and name and things of that nature, but this isnt so much about that. This thread is focused more on the possible positive outcomes of losing the NCAA watchdog.

I'm not suggesting that the game go the way of "blitz the league" with drug abuse and over the top gameplay, but more in the direction of being able to do things that the NCAA wouldnt let them do. The first thing that comes to mind is letting us go wild with the NCAA playoffs. No longer will people use the excuse "The NCAA dosent want them to add an extra option that isnt right on with real life." We have all heard that before, I'm sure. This also goes with why people say that player suspensions were taken out of the game. The NCAA didnt want to have any negative light shed on it, so they presumable asked EA sports to remove the feature from the game. But with the NCAA out of the picture, perhaps we will get these old features back!

What do you all think? I mean, I will be happy if we just get a game! Always positive.
I think it will become the Pro Evolution Soccer of Football
Old 07-26-2013, 11:10 PM   #11
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGGswim
IMO, getting 'new' things into the game might be even more difficult.

I'm not sure how it might have to work, but my understanding is that EA will have to engage College Licensing Corp. (CLC) in contract talks to get all the schools -- almost all if I recall from something I read -- that are signed on with CLC into the EA game, College Football '15.

1st problem I could foresee is a school like Miami (The U) says they'll agree to CLC's contract with EA if and only if aspects such as suspensions, discipline, are not part of the game. While some squeaky-clean program (I previously would have used Penn State as the example, but now...) has no problem with suspensions and discipline being part of '15.

I don't believe CLC would be given by each school the right to sign off for them on every characteristic of the game. That could mean anything new could take even longer to get in the game while CLC 'polls' all the involved schools.

Another problem I foresee -- if I'm, again, recalling correctly something from an article I read -- is that 'most' of the schools are signed on with CLC. Not all. Which could end up meaning we could see a Notre Dame vs. Ann Arbor matchup, or an Alabama vs. Tallahassee Sugar Bowl.

My 2-cents for the suspensions/discipline thing is that I would never be in favor of that unless there was an in-game method to offset or prevent them. I work in college athletics, and though it's hard to go a week without seeing several problems popping up in the media, athletic departments have tools in place to try and prevent those occurrences -- or it would be even worse!
All FBS schools are with the CLC, the schools really don't havean idividual say, they kind of sign along with good faith and basic guidelines they want/dont want as a whole.. They could do all your what if's with the NCAA's name on the game. the schools still got licensed through the CLC.

Without the NCAA, the game will be better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
All FBS schools are with the CLC, the schools really don't havean idividual say, they kind of sign along with good faith and basic guidelines they want/dont want as a whole.

This isn't true at all. There are many NCAA schools that are not with CLC.
Also, even if the school is affiliated with the CLC they still have individual say on what they put their logo on. For example, the CLC re-upped with EA right after the NCAA backed out. KU is a member of the CLC, but they aren't sure they're going to be in the game in '15. Same with Stanford. If the CLC struck a deal for team logo'd beer cans, I doubt schools would just go along with it if they didn't like it.

Read this article. It explains everything in detail:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-arts/2525843/
Old 07-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
Rookie

What about the bowl games? Will we be playing for a shot to go to the carnation bowl, salt bowl, lemon bowl, potato chip bowl, etc.?
Old 07-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #14
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
What about the bowl games? Will we be playing for a shot to go to the carnation bowl, salt bowl, lemon bowl, potato chip bowl, etc.?
Those are individually sponsored and have nothing to do with NCAA iirc.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:39 PM   #15
Rookie

I could live without having the players in the game look like the actual players on a given team. As long as the ratings and year of school (freshman, sophmore...) are somewhat accurate. I play this game for the dynasty mode and in 4 or 5 years of my dynasty all of my players are computer generated recruits anyway. Does anyone feel the same?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #16
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

hey guys, a lot of you seem much more well versed in this area than myself... So I figured I would ask you... Do you think that this change would make getting FCS schools more or less likely on the next gen games? Or would this not have any effect at all? I think the FCS teams would be chomping at the bit to get in no matter what, but again, you all seem to know more about it than me lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »