Home

Where are all the Gamechangers at?

This is a discussion on Where are all the Gamechangers at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:29 AM   #25
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Where are all the Gamechangers at?

The funny thing is, and honestly I don't know how haubamiller and his crew have been able to make ncaa this long without being let go, is that we all cry haubamiller and his choagies don't know college football right? Well in all honesty they probably know a boat load about football. They could probably coach it. However they don't know jack squat about MAKING college football. They have to be straight slow minded to think the product they put out is quality. I mean take me, I have been taking pre workout for years, I can tell you what ingredients work, what each one does, the exact dosage needed and of course how to take it to optimize performance...however as I am right now finding out there is a vast difference in making my own pre workout and manufacturing it AND it tasting good lol. I don't suck near a awful as haubamiller a crew does but it's a big difference. EA has a real problem having people on their staff who know how to make sports games, they focus on putting FANS in charge of making sports game therefore progress is never made. Instead we get crazy stuff like mascot games and unfinished features, and somehow the graphics just get worse and worse. It's beyond me

Last edited by BlackBetty15; 07-26-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 11:42 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
http://www.easports.com/gamechangers...t-gamechangers

This game has issues. Seriously - look at all the posts.

What I don't see is any interaction by EA's Gamechangers. Isn't that what they are supposed to be doing? Trying to interact with the community and talk about issues in a constructive manner? Maybe find a way to figure out if we are getting a patch soon?

I mean, there are threads in the Sliders section alone that is filled with guys that work day in, and day out, with this game. Trying to fix this, bringing up a theory here and there. We are doing it - but what are the gamechangers doing? Where are the youtube videos - what happened to all the analysis from guys that are supposed to change this game for the better?

I'm not calling you out, but the community needs a voice - we are OS brothers and sisters suffering together through the issues with this game - yet there is no word, no voice, no interaction - just thread after thread about the same thing. With the unofficial gamechangers sweating it out in the sliders section, spewing out theory after theory - only to be debunked one after another.
I really dont know who their gamechangers are. Wyza has a long rant on how EA shunned him when he wanted to help BETA test.

NCAA gets the back burner to Madden and Im sure Madden gets the back burner to FIFA in EA Sports minds.

So for us to get a quality NCAA game is luck. I feel they treat NCAA as a temp game until Madden comes out so why spend a lot of time on it. I wish there was a way for us to focus on making it a great game.

Until people start playing NCAA over Madden, then we are just stuck with what we got
Old 07-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #27
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Well, I for one am not surprised they disappeared.

They are good at coming to sites like this, hyping up the games and then going away.

Not the first time its happened and won't be the last. Frankly, that whole program has turned into a joke.
NCAA was a better game and made bigger strides before the devs started openly communicating on these forums.

There presence here and on other sites is nothing more than glorified spin doctoring. Now that they've scaled back their interaction, they have an army of gamechangers to do their dirty work.

Before the release of March Madness 10, the devs were here hyping that game. After that game was released, you couldn't find one of them. You would have a better better luck finding Jim Hoffa's body.

Well, it turns out that they knew beforehand that EA was pulling the plug on the series and that there would be no post launch support for the game. Yet, somehow those crucial details were left out of the pre launch hype.

It was disgusting.

While sites like this do serve a purpose, I, for one, have not lost site of the fact that there is very little credibility in the gaming and social media world.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
http://www.easports.com/gamechangers...t-gamechangers

This game has issues. Seriously - look at all the posts.

What I don't see is any interaction by EA's Gamechangers. Isn't that what they are supposed to be doing? Trying to interact with the community and talk about issues in a constructive manner? Maybe find a way to figure out if we are getting a patch soon?

I mean, there are threads in the Sliders section alone that is filled with guys that work day in, and day out, with this game. Trying to fix this, bringing up a theory here and there. We are doing it - but what are the gamechangers doing? Where are the youtube videos - what happened to all the analysis from guys that are supposed to change this game for the better?

I'm not calling you out, but the community needs a voice - we are OS brothers and sisters suffering together through the issues with this game - yet there is no word, no voice, no interaction - just thread after thread about the same thing. With the unofficial gamechangers sweating it out in the sliders section, spewing out theory after theory - only to be debunked one after another.
Quote:
That's fine, man. I'm not sure what is being contributed to this thread by you though. I'm asking for a voice - like "hey I'm here, but can't talk about EA sports" - awesome.

It's like, yeah - there's some issues - but it's a video game and noone wants to get insulted. As if this is personal insults? I mean, I'm not a programmer or dev - or whatever - but constructive criticism is not far fetched on here. I've been here for 10 years and it is well modded and conversations are constructive. That's what I was getting at.

Forgive me for looking at another way to get attention - to get some kind of a voice for us; but what's the harm in that? Where and how does the "assisting" part happen?

And lastly - a big question: In your honest opinion, what do you think ANY community thinks about gamechangers, when the final product still consists of the same issues we've been asking to be fixed since NCAA 12?

If you can answer that honestly, and this goes for anyone, you'll have your answer of why I created this thread.
I'm on there twitter posting my concerns with examples. I hope they're read. Whomever that handles @EANCAAFootball twitter handle, mainly retweets compliments and tweets only saying how great the game is; which is fine, but not all true.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #29
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I'm on there twitter posting my concerns with examples. I hope they're read. Whomever that handles @EANCAAFootball twitter handle, mainly retweets compliments and tweets only saying how great the game is; which is fine, but not all true.
I do think it's funny that we had an EA rep post in the roster thread the second Uniform Pack dl's were having problems, but we haven't heard a single word about a patch or what EA recognizes are "broken."

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 3

Guys. That bio site has every one of their twitter hashtags. Tweet them.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #31
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Game Changers only post here when it suites their needs. Other then that, they don't leave their home website. Good luck tweeting them, because if you aren't from the media, don't play in their online leagues or aren't a big name Youtuber 98% of them won't respond to you.

All of them are online gamers as well, so vast majority of the issues don't bother them as long as online is working.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #32
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

A lot of the issues that people have with the game are legacy problems on current gen. With that being said, there isn't a lot that a gamechanger or even a dev can do about those problems because the engine isn't going to change with a patch. The game has its flaws and its limits. In order to fix the legacy issues they would have to rewrite a lot of things. This is something that will likely happen on PS4/XB1.

This is in no way me being happy about this fact, but it's very possible that GCs aren't much help at this stage. Right now the devs are likely in damage control mode as they try to fix the bugs that have popped up. I always saw the GCs as guys who would communicate the collective conscience of various communities as to what changes we want to see in next year's edition. This is done during the planning and development cycle. They're Gamechangers, after all, not Gamefixers. They're just a middle man to communicate ideas for next year's game. But those ideas are captive by the limits of EA's engine and coding.

My take on the game is this: I know what I'm getting with NCAA Football -- legacy issues and all. If there is a bug or glitch I'll report it in the appropriate place and know that the devs will see it. Hopefully they fix it, but if it's a legacy issue I'll be frustrated -- but again, I know what I'm signing up for when I buy an EA game, so it may not get fixed. Otherwise, I'll use sliders and settings to customize the game to my liking knowing it won't be perfect but I'll still find a fun setup. When it comes time for planning for next year's game and wish lists then I'll use the forums and possibly get a word in with the GCs. I really don't see a use for the services of GCs until that point.

In reality, we as a community are one HUGE Gamechanger that has several voices. Regardless of designations or titles, we do have a voice that gets heard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »