Home

Where are all the Gamechangers at?

This is a discussion on Where are all the Gamechangers at? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #33
Banned

WIAggie's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Where are all the Gamechangers at?

Has anyone ever given the thought...its not the game that's jacked up but your skills has a player? Maybe your just not good at this game?

I've been enjoying the game since it came out, and most of those so-called bugs aren't really bugs at all. But mistakes by the player.

Ya, this calling people out over a videogame is getting old
If ya don't like the game..dont buy it
Old 07-26-2013, 01:46 PM   #34
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
A lot of the issues that people have with the game are legacy problems on current gen. With that being said, there isn't a lot that a gamechanger or even a dev can do about those problems because the engine isn't going to change with a patch. The game has its flaws and its limits. In order to fix the legacy issues they would have to rewrite a lot of things. This is something that will likely happen on PS4/XB1.

This is in no way me being happy about this fact, but it's very possible that GCs aren't much help at this stage. Right now the devs are likely in damage control mode as they try to fix the bugs that have popped up. I always saw the GCs as guys who would communicate the collective conscience of various communities as to what changes we want to see in next year's edition. This is done during the planning and development cycle. They're Gamechangers, after all, not Gamefixers. They're just a middle man to communicate ideas for next year's game. But those ideas are captive by the limits of EA's engine and coding.

My take on the game is this: I know what I'm getting with NCAA Football -- legacy issues and all. If there is a bug or glitch I'll report it in the appropriate place and know that the devs will see it. Hopefully they fix it, but if it's a legacy issue I'll be frustrated -- but again, I know what I'm signing up for when I buy an EA game, so it may not get fixed. Otherwise, I'll use sliders and settings to customize the game to my liking knowing it won't be perfect but I'll still find a fun setup. When it comes time for planning for next year's game and wish lists then I'll use the forums and possibly get a word in with the GCs. I really don't see a use for the services of GCs until that point.

In reality, we as a community are one HUGE Gamechanger that has several voices. Regardless of designations or titles, we do have a voice that gets heard.
As much as I would love to believe we get heard, I just don't believe it. We wouldn't have legacy issues if we were heard. Quite frank, I could pop in the NCAA with Joey Harrington on the cover and hear the same commentary now as I heard then minus corso. There was a former madden dev who ranted that EA always has their own agenda and 99% of the they throw out the ideas of community and often their own devs. The problem lies in the leadership.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've had a glitch that I have tried publicizing - it has to do with playbooks. Apparently there aren't too many people that have it. When I tried publicizing it on a thread of my own here, RGMONEY(not the rapper) closed it down, telling me to put it on the glitches thread. But you know what happens? There are so many glitches in this game, that my problem just gets lost in all of the messages. And I have talked to some people at EA 3 weeks ago and they said the gamechangers would contact me in about a week. 3 weeks ago. These people don't care about how good the game is anymore. That's why I'm just waiting until Longshot Games creates CFC2014, I don't even care if it takes 2-3 years, it will be way better than this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 01:49 PM   #36
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIAggie
Has anyone ever given the thought...its not the game that's jacked up but your skills has a player? Maybe your just not good at this game?

I've been enjoying the game since it came out, and most of those so-called bugs aren't really bugs at all. But mistakes by the player.

Um.. im pretty sure you should look at the OP slider threads before you insult him. The issues he is pointing out are that the game is too EASY, not to hard.
Running game for example, doesnt matter what difficulty im playing on im going to get 200+ yards a game EASY.
The option, its overpowered for users, so much so that its cheese. I can line up and run the option all game and never be stopped.
Pass game, just as easy.
What about defense? In my OD on all american its nothing for my Maryland team to have 8-10 sacks a game.

So maybe before you insult people, you should do a little research.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #37
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

Game Changers is nothing more than a marketing ploy to make fans feel like they actually are listening to what we want, that they actually care, but its just the dangling of the carrot in front of our face. When in reality EA is going to do what the heck they want, especially with no competition.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #38
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Game Changers only post here when it suites their needs. Other then that, they don't leave their home website. Good luck tweeting them, because if you aren't from the media, don't play in their online leagues or aren't a big name Youtuber 98% of them won't respond to you.

All of them are online gamers as well, so vast majority of the issues don't bother them as long as online is working.
100% spot on man
Old 07-26-2013, 02:17 PM   #39
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIAggie

Dude, really? Player skills? Sooooo your telling me that the slow downs, freezes, db glitch, and just about 100+ posts about the features that are buggin the game are because I suck as a player? Lol get out I here with that. And in reality, contrary to what our posts say, the majority if us really want ncaa to be great. All that we are asking for is a dev to calm the masses and interact. EA has been really bad about pr this year and not addressing the masses is bad business
Old 07-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #40
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Game Changers is nothing more than a marketing ploy to make fans feel like they actually are listening to what we want, that they actually care, but its just the dangling of the carrot in front of our face. When in reality EA is going to do what the heck they want, especially with no competition.
Spot on GG. I actually wanna vomit every time I hear a developer for ANY game come out and say.."well we went on the forums, listened to our community members and what they wanted and we pushed to get black cleats in the game."

What a freaking joke. I have said multiple times over the course of the last couple of months that I think a lot of the blame has to go to some of the sites, including this very one, in how they conduct interviews, podcasts, blogs, etc leading up to the game.

It's the same thing over and over and over. Softball questions that can obviously be answered by the dev spouting off about a new feature. Example:

In the Episode 32 Podcast about FIFA:

Host: I really enjoy winning on the lower levels, but like a lot of other gamers I find it very difficult to go to the World Class level. What can I do to get better??

Developer: Great question! You know we have the Skills Trainer.

Of course I'm paraphrasing, but it's this kind of nonsense that drives me insane! In FIFA why not ask why in the hell is there a huge lack of fouls and what good is a Free Kick/Set Play creator when I never have a freaking chance to use it because there are minimal stoppages in play?!?!?!?

The same can be applied to NCAA and the play of safeties. Maybe next year they'll bring in DBs and have them assist in the development of the game the way they used OL this year.

Once again, when is someone going to put these guys ON THE SPOT with TOUGH QUESTIONS and get an answer?

EA: There are

Website: I've played 35 games in Dynasty and Play Now and have seen only 3 fumbles by a WR or RB? What's going on with that?
EA:......

I'm not sure why it is so hard to figure out that the majority of people on this site and in these forums and others like want to help create a better game, but to do that the developers need to man up and face the issues and address them when asked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »