Home

A Thought For Every 360 User Having Technical Issues

This is a discussion on A Thought For Every 360 User Having Technical Issues within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
A Thought For Every 360 User Having Technical Issues

I have a 4 GHZ 360 that's over two years old. I have added a Hard Drive. I play only NCAA Football and Madden. Currently I have only 3 games installed on my HD - NCAA13, NCAA14, and Madden13. So, I have not used much space on my HD.

When I play these games, I don't have any of the technical problems that I read about in these forums. I have played on many combinations of game speed, etc. but the only thing I have seen is temporary game freezes which clear up on their own without any subsequent impact.

So, I am wondering if those of you who are experiencing serious game problems might be having issues because you have a large amount of data on your HD, causing the 360 to have disc-access issues. If so, you might consider either removing data to free up disc space, or possibly removing all data (saving important files like Profiles to the original internal memory or to a flash drive) and then re-formatting your HD to clean it up. I am not aware of any way to de-fragment a 360 HD, but if that action is possible, you could try that approach as well.

I have no way to test my theory so I am simply offering it for consideration to anyone who wants to test it out, then report the results.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Heyoka.

EUBlink's Arena

OVR: 8
I've got 60Gb+ of harddrive space. I'm experiencing frame-rate issues only in the second half. Somewhat bizarre.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »