Home

Edit all run blocking to 65 and it will save your game!!

This is a discussion on Edit all run blocking to 65 and it will save your game!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2013, 10:48 PM   #17
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Edit all run blocking to 65 and it will save your game!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
I dont take credit for this. I have some settings that now make this game play real good. I was tired of the overpowered run game though. Edit your linemens run block to 65 and it makes it much harder to run. I play on Heisman and have some very good hard settings for guys that are real good. I'm a former online guy that can hold his own but tired of the cheese fests and non exsistent D online. If any of you guys want my settings let me know.

Tests have shown me that computer AI must be on 50 for pass coverage to cover passes good.
Tests have shown that run blocking and rush D sliders pretty much do nothing.

I was averaging over 50 points a game, now with my sliders on heisman no way!!

My test now will be to see if I lower the AI lineblocking too how will it fare. Cause I'm tired of my Dline never getting off there blocks!!

Credit goes to Matt from his sliders but like I said I made a Heisman set.

Also I have Coach edits to turn down aggressive D.

Not trying to be a stickler but this should be in the slider sub forum, not general.. Interesting theories though..
Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner1
Lmao at people who think sliders for the run game work. They don't do a damn thing on 360. Again, Matt, did you edit the AI linemen for run locking as well?
No just user. The CPU's run game is fine. I think it opens a new can of worms if you edit their's as well. Including lack of control in progression (dynasty) etc.

Run sliders do work, the problem is the video I posted though. The OL get a super jump no matter what level, so you're guaranteed at least 3 yards eve if you just fall forward without the RBK edits.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #19
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Everyone should know. Game is way way too easy to run without serious help. This is serious help. Rush sliders do nothing
Old 07-27-2013, 12:58 AM   #20
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Yea i tried this a few days ago, it definitely works...make sure u write down your lineman run blk rating, that way u knw what to change the run blk rating back to, if and when EA puts out a patch

Last edited by timmg; 07-27-2013 at 01:00 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-27-2013, 05:57 AM   #21
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
No guys, it's the idea we had in the OS Community sliders. If you are an offline user - reducing the RBK "Run Block" rating in your offensive linemen to between 55-65 will greatly improve the OL/DL interaction on the run game.

It's not making them worse if you think about it. It's making it less morphing - like so:

And here is the thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...t-sliders.html

Apparently, and I haven't tested - but others have, it works just fine on other offensive levels/skills than Varsity. You will have to compensate with HUMAN RBL slider.

Keep note, online dynasties, etc - simply won't be able to use this as that is what the feedback has been. However, if you're willing, this unfortunate band-aid will have to do for now.

I stream all games on twitchtv and also have broadcasted this finding live last week:

Go to about 1:21:50 of the video to see when we started the testing.

Watch live video from matt10l's channel on TwitchTV
Thanks for the tips and the video.

Don't want to go off on a tangent but your TwitchTV video shows another issue with the game. It's not as big a deal as the overpowered running game/weak defense, but if you go to 1:51.40 of the video you will see a Miss St. cornerback make a pick and have a clear path to the endzone. Now, it would be one thing if a fast RB or one of the WR's caught up with him to make the play, but #57, the center, runs him down and tackles him from behind. This is not the first time I've seen this.....twice in the demo I've made picks with cornerbacks and have run for 30 yards only to have offensive linemen suddenly appear and make the tackle. This shouldn't happen.....I don't remember an iteration of this game in the past where this would occur.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #22
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
make a pick and have a clear path to the endzone. Now, it would be one thing if a fast RB or one of the WR's caught up with him to make the play, but #57, the center, runs him down and tackles him from behind. This is not the first time I've seen this.....twice in the demo I've made picks with cornerbacks and have run for 30 yards only to have offensive linemen suddenly appear and make the tackle. This shouldn't happen.....I don't remember an iteration of this game in the past where this would occur.
Offensive lineman are athletes too

Old 07-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #23
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Offensive lineman are athletes too

I never said they weren't, but in your video the player making the INT is an inside linebacker, not a cornerback with nothing but daylight ahead of him as seen in the portion of the video I referenced. Still a great effort on his part.

I've seen defensive tackles not give up on a play in CFL in real life and make a play down the field but the idea that an OL is going to chase down a CB who is running straight down the field with no obstacles in front of him requires a good amount of suspension of disbelief. This is the first year I can remember seeing this at all....let alone multiple times.

It's not a make or break issue for me, mind you......just another head-scratcher.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:36 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

I just wanted to explain what rush defense slider actually does since people keep writing that it does nothing. The run defense slider actually adjust the play recognition statistic of defensive lineman. This effects their response to trick plays and options. To test this out go into practice mode and run a counter play against man cover 2 (you don't want blitzers). Set the slider to 0. The men will bite big time on the counter and you will have a big gain. Now set it to 100. Run the play and they don't bite at all most of the time making the play just a generic run. This is the same for the draw. They also seem to cover the option a bit better (though this is much more subjective and may not be true). Curiously because it effects play recognition and not any actual rushing defensive statistics (all sliders just boost players stats) the play-action pass response is also effected. Run play action and turn this to 0 and see how open the receiver is. Then set to 100 and they are never open.

If you want the run game to be harder ensure that your trick plays don't work at all by setting this slider to 100. This will also make all of your play action passes fail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »