Home

Recruits Decommitting

This is a discussion on Recruits Decommitting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #25
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
The top school dropped him from their board then. I think the cpu does this sometimes when they get a commit at certain positions so they won't oversign I believe.
This happened with all three players that locked me out.. Some committed. To other schools stool but they all unlocked after having me locked down by 2-6000 points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 03:06 PM   #26
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Just saw this happen. Tailed an athlete all year long. Had him set up for a week 12 visit. He commits to UGA the week before he visits. He still visits and decommits the following week. His recruiting has now opened back up. Didn't know this was in this year...pretty cool.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Every single player I have had that committed elsewhere and I had a visit set up with for the next week is totally off the board. It will even show in the visit screen that the player is already committed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Recruits Decommitting

I think the OP must be referring to players that have "locked" their top schools rather than a commit. As the previous poster said, a truly committed player won't visit.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #28
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd need to see a series of screenshots to buy this. It has to be a "locked out" thing.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #29
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricFreakingBerry
I'd need to see a series of screenshots to buy this. It has to be a "locked out" thing.
Nah not really. . .EA even mentioned it in one of their playbook things before the game came out...I don't know why this is such a shock.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #30
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
Nah not really. . .EA even mentioned it in one of their playbook things before the game came out...I don't know why this is such a shock.
Well, I still need to see proof of it. I've simmed 9 seasons without a single one of my or my brother's players (who plays dynasty with me as a separate coach) decommitting after committing the first time. So, if they were aiming for a realistic feature it failed tremendously. If it happens, it seems like such a rarity that hardly anyone is noticing it. As others have said, when a player commits their visit screen shows them as committed and they don't seem to even take additional visits.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #31
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
I don't remember EA talking about decommits in any playbook. I only remember articles like the one someone posted earlier where decommits were brought up in the conversations with the WVU coaches. Where and in what playbook are decommits discussed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 09:31 AM   #32
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Just saw this happen. Tailed an athlete all year long. Had him set up for a week 12 visit. He commits to UGA the week before he visits. He still visits and decommits the following week. His recruiting has now opened back up. Didn't know this was in this year...pretty cool.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Pretty cool unless you are UGA. I hate this part of the real process. USF has had two high level decommits in the past two years. Grrrrrr. Thanks ACC for destroying the Big East.

The number one dual threat QB who won the Elite 11 MVP, Asantii Woulard, decommited TWICE. This year there was another high level decommit, he did it over night because his brother talked it out of him. Geez.

I with they had descipline and NCAA violations which won't happen now that the NCAA has pulled out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »